Options

CCNA Voice - Done !!

Alex90Alex90 Member Posts: 289
Hi Guys,

Passed the CCNA Voice exam on my lunch break today :) Of course I am very happy but I've got to say I was pretty underwhelmed with the exam, I was in and out within about 30 minutes! I have over 3 years working in a voice role so maybe that is why I found it a little easier. Either way, it's another tick in the box!

My study resources were;

CBT Nuggets
INE
CCNA Voice OCG
TechExams
Hands on experience!

Good luck to anyone else on this track icon_thumright.gif

Comments

• Options
    MonkerzMonkerz Member Posts: 842
  • Options
    negru_tudornegru_tudor Member Posts: 473 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Alex90 wrote: »
    Hi Guys,

Passed the CCNA Voice exam on my lunch break today :) Of course I am very happy but I've got to say I was pretty underwhelmed with the exam, I was in and out within about 30 minutes! I have over 3 years working in a voice role so maybe that is why I found it a little easier. Either way, it's another tick in the box!

My study resources were;

CBT Nuggets
    INE
    CCNA Voice OCG
    TechExams
    Hands on experience!

Good luck to anyone else on this track icon_thumright.gif

Congrats mate! icon_cheers.gif Just saw your post now! Talk about being a machine, huh? 30 minutes?! Smooooking!
    2017-2018 goals:
    [X] CIPTV2 300-075
    [ ] SIP School SSCA
    [X] CCNP Switch 300-115 [X] CCNP Route 300-101 [X] CCNP Tshoot 300-135
    [ ] LPIC1-101 [ ] LPIC1-102 (wishful thinking)
  • Options
    Haha cheers guys!

negru_tudor - I think the CCNP Voice exams are a completely different beast all together!!!!
  • Options
    Super99Super99 Member Posts: 274
    Was there any overlap from the ICND1?
  • Options
    Super99 wrote: »
    Was there any overlap from the ICND1?

From the point of understanding certain topics then yes there is an overlap. If you don't understand VLANs, trunks, CDP, DHCP, DNS, route/switch basics.....then you will have some difficulty picking up some topics (even something like understanding the boot process of a phone might be difficult if you didn't have this prior knowledge).

In terms of actual configuration I don't think there was much overlap, not that I remember anyway. Once you've set up the infrastructure then the focus will be on CUCM/CME admin & features, dial-peers, CSS, route-patterns and all other topics on the blueprint and none of these topics crossover.

Hope that helps.
  • Options
    JeanMJeanM Member Posts: 1,117
    Congrats!
    2015 goals - ccna voice / vmware vcp.