Is automounter part of RHCSA 6 Objectives or not?

devhdadevhda Member Posts: 11 ■□□□□□□□□□
Red Hat lists the following two objectives for RHCSA 6:

• Mount and unmount CIFS and NFS network file systems
  • Configure systems to mount ext4, LUKS-encrypted and network file systems automatically

According to the second line, should you be expected to use automount to mount those file systems?

Comments

• jdancerjdancer Member Posts: 482 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Just assume it's a required objective. Just look it at this way, it's another skill set you can add to your resume!
  • brombulecbrombulec Member Posts: 186 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Automounter part on exam is quite easy - so don't be afraid and read the chapter in RHCSA/RHCE book. The task will take 10 minutes on exam (at most).
  • devhdadevhda Member Posts: 11 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hi jdancer and brombulec, thanks for your replies.

Sorry, I must have explained myself poorly.

I don't mind studying the automounter, I'm happy with it, but I would like to know if during the exam, either RHCSA or RHCE, one is expected to explicitly use the automounter -as per the exam instructions- or if one is expected to use the usual mount command instead.

I'm asking this because from reading the objectives this isn't too clear, at least to me. :)
  • brombulecbrombulec Member Posts: 186 ■■■□□□□□□□
    devhda:
    The general rule on RH exams is: if there is an objective on the list you should prepare yourself to do the tasks related to this objective.
    Automounter could be a part of exam but you should be prepared because there are different sets of tasks for each candidate.
    So IMHO you should prepare for ALL objectives.
  • kly630kly630 Member Posts: 72 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Think about it this way, it's an objective that's easy to test because it takes little time time to implement and you're highly likely to use on the job. I for sure use it on the job.

Study everything in the RHCSA objectives in depth. You won't lose out by knowing it all because the point is to be able to use it on the job.
  • asummersasummers Member Posts: 157
    devhda wrote: »
    Red Hat lists the following two objectives for RHCSA 6:

• Configure systems to mount ext4, LUKS-encrypted and network file systems automatically

According to the second line, should you be expected to use automount to mount those file systems?

My interpretation is as follows:

Standard mount command and fstab

fstab and automount