Ccie sp - sdn

Alex90Alex90 Member Posts: 289
Hi Guys,

Not really my area as I'm not in the service provider field, however I know people were asking about new CCIE SDN tracks etc so...

I came across this article regarding the new CCIE SP and according to Cisco SDN will be on the blueprint as well as other network programmability.

https://learningnetwork.cisco.com/message/478277?tstart=0#478277

Comments

• OfWolfAndManOfWolfAndMan Member Posts: 923 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Good to know. I have a feeling in the coming years as SDN evolves it will bleed into other sections of the certs as well.
    :study:Reading: Lab Books, Ansible Documentation, Python Cookbook 2018 Goals: More Ansible/Python work for Automation, IPSpace Automation Course [X], Build Jenkins Framework for Network Automation []
  • gorebrushgorebrush Member Posts: 2,743 ■■■■■■■□□□
    This, is very interesting news!!
  • silver145silver145 Member Posts: 265 ■■□□□□□□□□
    CCIE SP subject matter has already been released and starts in about 3 weeks, they would NOT suddenly add SDN to it out of the blue. Perhaps in a few years when they revise it again but i really dont believe it will be added to the CURRENT (new version) CCIE SP
  • networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    I'm assuming you might see some questions on the written about this, but likely not the lab. Maybe the programability stuff in the lab though, but not SDN controllers.
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
  • gorebrushgorebrush Member Posts: 2,743 ■■■■■■■□□□
    ^^^ = This was what I thought of it.
  • silver145silver145 Member Posts: 265 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Never even thought about the written......
  • sea_turtlesea_turtle Member Posts: 98 ■■□□□□□□□□
    that link/forum post looks really damn fishy....

"Have a nice studying," ..... ok