Thank You! Just passed Network+

GerryCGerryC Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
I just wanted to thank all those involved in, and posting on, this site. I passed the Network + exam last Friday and the information and knowledge you posted here at this site gave me a real boost in both confidence and knowledge. Well done to you all for taking an active interest in helping others in their pursuit's of happiness. Thank you!

Comments

• H3||scr3amH3||scr3am Member Posts: 564 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congratulations on passing your network+ exam!
  • rrpd11rrpd11 Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    How was your study routine? How many times did you have to take it? And What is the best mateial to use?
  • orlandoflorlandofl Member Posts: 216 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass! icon_thumright.gif What's next?
    • Education: B.A. Criminal Justice - Thomas Edison State University
    • Education: Undergraduate Certificate in Microsoft Server Administration - St. Petersburg College
    • Currently Working On: MCSA - Windows 10
    • Planned Certifications for 2017: MCSE - Mobility
    • Connect With Me On LinkedIn:https://www.linkedin.com/in/travisebyrd
  • Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats on pass!!
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • GerryCGerryC Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hiya and thanks again!
    It took me 5 months to prepare for the exam. I did study CCNET for two months prior to switching over, however I felt at the time that I didn't understand the material well enough to continue with CCNA exam 1. So I decided it would probably be best to start at the start with Network+

I started with Professor Messer's videos, they were good as an introduction to the concepts and ideas.
    I then went on to read Network + All in one exam guide,
    After this I read CompTIA Network+ N10-005 Authorized Cert Guide.
    and then I read CompTia Network+N10-005 Exam Cram.

I literally just read and re-read and re-read again and again until I could grasp and fully understand the concepts and content.

I then found as many exam questions as possible online. Some of them, suggested from other threads on this site.

A week before the exam I focused in on learning specifics off by heart, these included, cabling, wireless frequencies, distances of cables, Ethernet standards, classes private and public, binary, subnetting formulas. e.g. no of subnets/no. of hosts per subnet, T1/E1/T3/E3.

I started the exam and it was sim after sim for about 6 questions, it really rattled me and to be very honest I thought I was going to fail. I had put in so much effort and these simulator style questions focused in on,

1.Configuring a network, you clicked on PC's and changed their configurations, (using commands like ping etc to help you discover the issue)
    2.You clicked on wireless access points and changed their channel settings
    3.You have a switch and you have to change it's cables
    4.Select a tool and place it alongside the description of what the tool is used for, toner probe/crimper/loopback plug/cable certifier/OTDR.
    5.Workers in an office are experiencing connectivity problems, look at their PC settings and trouble shoot.

The thing is after looking at all these sims I thought I had failed. I went on to complete 30 questions that I was sure off, went back over the ones i had flagged and eventually got them finished.

Then I went back to the Sims, I was starting to get into them and get the hang of them when all of a sudden the computer stopped and the click to end button came up and low and behold, congratulations you have passed appeared on the screen, well as you can imagine, I was thrilled.

Topics that dominated the exam were cabling, specifically fiber optic, Wireless networks, trouble shooting, IOS model, port no.'s, DNS, Security. I think having a large knowledge base really stood to me in the exam.

I wish everyone else the best of luck with this exam!! You can do it, I come from a non IT background and if you are willing to put in the hard work and time you can get this exam!!!
  • ccnpninjaccnpninja Member Posts: 1,010 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • superstarmdsuperstarmd Member Posts: 12 ■□□□□□□□□□
    GerryC wrote: »
    Hiya and thanks again!
    It took me 5 months to prepare for the exam. I did study CCNET for two months prior to switching over, however I felt at the time that I didn't understand the material well enough to continue with CCNA exam 1. So I decided it would probably be best to start at the start with Network+

I started with Professor Messer's videos, they were good as an introduction to the concepts and ideas.
    I then went on to read Network + All in one exam guide,
    After this I read CompTIA Network+ N10-005 Authorized Cert Guide.
    and then I read CompTia Network+N10-005 Exam Cram.

I literally just read and re-read and re-read again and again until I could grasp and fully understand the concepts and content.

I then found as many exam questions as possible online. Some of them, suggested from other threads on this site.

A week before the exam I focused in on learning specifics off by heart, these included, cabling, wireless frequencies, distances of cables, Ethernet standards, classes private and public, binary, subnetting formulas. e.g. no of subnets/no. of hosts per subnet, T1/E1/T3/E3.

I started the exam and it was sim after sim for about 6 questions, it really rattled me and to be very honest I thought I was going to fail. I had put in so much effort and these simulator style questions focused in on,

1.Configuring a network, you clicked on PC's and changed their configurations, (using commands like ping etc to help you discover the issue)
    2.You clicked on wireless access points and changed their channel settings
    3.You have a switch and you have to change it's cables
    4.Select a tool and place it alongside the description of what the tool is used for, toner probe/crimper/loopback plug/cable certifier/OTDR.
    5.Workers in an office are experiencing connectivity problems, look at their PC settings and trouble shoot.

The thing is after looking at all these sims I thought I had failed. I went on to complete 30 questions that I was sure off, went back over the ones i had flagged and eventually got them finished.

Then I went back to the Sims, I was starting to get into them and get the hang of them when all of a sudden the computer stopped and the click to end button came up and low and behold, congratulations you have passed appeared on the screen, well as you can imagine, I was thrilled.

Topics that dominated the exam were cabling, specifically fiber optic, Wireless networks, trouble shooting, IOS model, port no.'s, DNS, Security. I think having a large knowledge base really stood to me in the exam.

I wish everyone else the best of luck with this exam!! You can do it, I come from a non IT background and if you are willing to put in the hard work and time you can get this exam!!!

Thanks for your detailed information. Really wish someone could provide as much info on Sec+ exam which I will take soon. I just passed network+ this afternoon. I thought I failed it when there were 5 or 6 sim questions right off the bat. I flagged them for later review after finishing those multiple choice. I studied the Exam Cram book 4th edition in 3 weeks and decided I should take the exam before it retires. Glad that I got it over with...I am on to Sec+ now :D
  • ssnyderu2ssnyderu2 Member Posts: 475 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats on getting your Network+ cert!
    2019 Goals: 70-698, CCENT, MCSA 2016
    Certifications: A+, Network+, Security+, CIW Foundations and MTA OS Fundamentals
    Cisco Lab :3x Cisco 2811 Routers, 3x Cisco 3750 Switches and Cisco 2620 Router with NM-32A module
    Windows Lab: Dual CPU Hyper-V server with 12 Cores/24 Threads, 96GB RAM and 2TB HDD.
    CANCER SURVIVOR! In Remission Since September 2016!
  • c0mptiac0mptia Member Posts: 149 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congratulations on your passing.
  • Armitron77Armitron77 Member Posts: 134 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Thanks for your detailed information. Really wish someone could provide as much info on Sec+ exam which I will take soon. I just passed network+ this afternoon. I thought I failed it when there were 5 or 6 sim questions right off the bat. I flagged them for later review after finishing those multiple choice. I studied the Exam Cram book 4th edition in 3 weeks and decided I should take the exam before it retires. Glad that I got it over with...I am on to Sec+ now :D

Hey superstarmd, you said you purchased the ExamCram 4th Edition book and studied it for 3 weeks. Did you do the practice questions that came with the CD? What other resources did you use to complete it in 3 weeks? The reason why I ask is because I too have the ExamCram 4th Edition book and trying to complete it before the N10-005 expires this coming August.
    Bachelor of Science Degree in Computer & Network Security
    Associate in Applied Science Degree in Network Management
    Associate in Applied Science Degree in Network Management/Cyber Security
    CompTIA A+ Certified | CE, CompTIA Network+ Certified | CE

2016 Goals: CCENT/CCNA Routing & Switching COLOR=#008000][B]IN PROGRESS[/B][/COLOR/CompTIA Security+ COLOR=#008000][B]IN PROGRESS[/B][/COLOR
  • greg9891greg9891 Member Posts: 1,189 ■■■■■■■□□□
    congrats i'm taking the security + as well
    :
    Upcoming Certs: VCA-DCV 7.0, VCP-DCV 7.0, Oracle Database 1Z0-071, PMP, Server +, CCNP

Proverbs 6:6-11Go to the ant, you sluggard! Consider her ways and be wise, Which, having no captain, Overseer or ruler, Provides her supplies in the summer, And gathers her food in the harvest. How long will you slumber, O sluggard?
    When will you rise from your sleep? A little sleep, a little slumber, A little folding of the hands to sleep, So shall your poverty come on you like a prowler And your need like an armed man.
  • HafssolHafssol Member Posts: 12 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congratulations! I passed Net+ yesterday. I had 8 simulations and some of them where very similar to yours. I did some "last minute" studying after I read your post and it helped a lot. Thanks!
    Certs: CCNA Cyber Ops, CCNA Routing and Switching, CFR, Sec+, Net+