PASSED SY401 - Security+ Today

arav.samarav.sam Member Posts: 8 ■■□□□□□□□□
Today i have passed Security+ with score of 835/900.

Resources used: SY401 - Security+ book by Darill Gibson.

Roughly spent around 3 weeks and I did not use any simulations or question bank, i have gone thru only questions which comes along with Darill's Book.

I have been using this techexam site for a quite some time, which helped me to pass CISA , SSCP and now Security+
I have to thank the founder of this site, In this Forum People sharing the thoughts about the exams which they have passed/failed will be the valuable lesson for the new test takers.

Comments

• tmcgtmcg Banned Posts: 127
    How did you find the exam? Congrats on the pass!!
  • H3||scr3amH3||scr3am Member Posts: 564 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congratulations on passing your Security+ exam!
  • orlandoflorlandofl Member Posts: 216 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass!! icon_thumright.gif
    • Education: B.A. Criminal Justice - Thomas Edison State University
    • Education: Undergraduate Certificate in Microsoft Server Administration - St. Petersburg College
    • Currently Working On: MCSA - Windows 10
    • Planned Certifications for 2017: MCSE - Mobility
    • Connect With Me On LinkedIn:https://www.linkedin.com/in/travisebyrd
  • Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats!!
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • JasminLandryJasminLandry Member Posts: 601 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass! What's your next certification goal?
  • ccnpninjaccnpninja Member Posts: 1,010 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • c0mptiac0mptia Member Posts: 149 ■■■□□□□□□□
    arav.sam wrote: »
    Today i have passed Security+ with score of 835/900.

Resources used: SY401 - Security+ book by Darill Gibson.

Roughly spent around 3 weeks and I did not use any simulations or question bank, i have gone thru only questions which comes along with Darill's Book.

I have been using this techexam site for a quite some time, which helped me to pass CISA , SSCP and now Security+
    I have to thank the founder of this site, In this Forum People sharing the thoughts about the exams which they have passed/failed will be the valuable lesson for the new test takers.
    Congratulations on passing
  • successrealmsuccessrealm Member Posts: 104 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats! Lot's of passed Sec+ exams the last few days, using Darill Gibson's material.

(I used it too)
  • ssnyderu2ssnyderu2 Member Posts: 475 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats on getting your Security+ certification! icon_thumright.gif
    2019 Goals: 70-698, CCENT, MCSA 2016
    Certifications: A+, Network+, Security+, CIW Foundations and MTA OS Fundamentals
    Cisco Lab :3x Cisco 2811 Routers, 3x Cisco 3750 Switches and Cisco 2620 Router with NM-32A module
    Windows Lab: Dual CPU Hyper-V server with 12 Cores/24 Threads, 96GB RAM and 2TB HDD.
    CANCER SURVIVOR! In Remission Since September 2016!
  • arav.samarav.sam Member Posts: 8 ■■□□□□□□□□
    It was relatively easy when you compared to SSCP/CISA, but i felt few of the questions are framed badly.
    Apart from that i was struggling in performance based questions on setting wireless configuration etc...
    All of my performance questions were not easy like what i thought it could be.
  • arav.samarav.sam Member Posts: 8 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Next i am appearing for CISM Exam in June , followed by CISSP in Sep.
  • greg9891greg9891 Member Posts: 1,189 ■■■■■■■□□□
    congrats studying for my security + exam as we speak.
    :
    Upcoming Certs: VCA-DCV 7.0, VCP-DCV 7.0, Oracle Database 1Z0-071, PMP, Server +, CCNP

Proverbs 6:6-11Go to the ant, you sluggard! Consider her ways and be wise, Which, having no captain, Overseer or ruler, Provides her supplies in the summer, And gathers her food in the harvest. How long will you slumber, O sluggard?
    When will you rise from your sleep? A little sleep, a little slumber, A little folding of the hands to sleep, So shall your poverty come on you like a prowler And your need like an armed man.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Senior Member Posts: 0 ■■□□□□□□□□