Passed ICND1 today

thatguy67thatguy67 Member Posts: 344 ■■■■□□□□□□
Felt good to get it out of the way. I was awaiting my results, and clicked "End Exam" before the survey. It didn't show up on my screen and I thought I cancelled the whole damn thing lol. I didn't get to see whether I passed or not until I took the printout out of the testing center's printer.
2017 Goals: []PCNSE7 []CCNP:Security []CCNP:R&S []LCDE []WCNA

Comments

• siggnationsiggnation Member Posts: 182
    Yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! Congrats! icon_cheers.gif
    Currently Reading:

CCIE Routing and Switching Written Exam v. 5.1
    CCIE Routing and Switching 5.0 OCG, Vol. I
    Cisco Lan Switching
  • SimridSimrid Member Posts: 327
    Congrats!
    Network Engineer | London, UK | Currently working on: CCIE Routing & Switching

sriddle.co.uk
    uk.linkedin.com/in/simonriddle
  • satishtechsatishtech Member Posts: 243
    what resoucres did you use to prepare for the exam ?
    which were the tough parts ?
  • thatguy67thatguy67 Member Posts: 344 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Books:
    1,001 Practice Questions for Dummies
    Lammle and Odom CCENT/CCNA books
    Chapters from other misc. books

Videos:

CBT Nuggets
    ITPro.tv
    INE

I also took a NetAcad course two semesters ago.

The toughest part for me was deciding if a "social" aspect of security was important enough to choose as one of 3 options. I had to identify security flaws, and one of those choices was more social engineering/legal type than a technical vulnerability.
  • Justin-Justin- Member Posts: 300
    What did you use to lab? Cheers and congrats on the pass.
    My college had a whole room dedicated to networking, so I labbed on campus a lot. The racks were primarily 2811's, some 1841's and 3550s. I also used GNS3 and Boson Netsim.
  • mikeybinecmikeybinec Member Posts: 484 ■■■□□□□□□□
    thatguy67 wrote: »
    My college had a whole room dedicated to networking, so I labbed on campus a lot. The racks were primarily 2811's, some 1841's and 3550s. I also used GNS3 and Boson Netsim.

^^^^^^^^ icon_cheers.gificon_cheers.gificon_cheers.gificon_cheers.gif

Good job! People who just use PT haven't a clue on how to plug things in, interrupt a boot, construct a cable, punch down a patch panel, etc.
    Cisco NetAcad Cuyamaca College
    A.S. LAN Management 2010 Grossmont College
    B.S. I.T. Management 2013 National University
  • ssnyderu2ssnyderu2 Member Posts: 475 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats on getting your CCENT! icon_thumright.gif

What do you think if ITpro.tv as compared to CBT Nuggets? I just heard of them for the first time so I dont know how good they are.
    2019 Goals: 70-698, CCENT, MCSA 2016
    Certifications: A+, Network+, Security+, CIW Foundations and MTA OS Fundamentals
    Cisco Lab :3x Cisco 2811 Routers, 3x Cisco 3750 Switches and Cisco 2620 Router with NM-32A module
    Windows Lab: Dual CPU Hyper-V server with 12 Cores/24 Threads, 96GB RAM and 2TB HDD.
    CANCER SURVIVOR! In Remission Since September 2016!
  • Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats!!!!! icon_cheers.gif
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
    ssnyderu2 wrote: »
    Congrats on getting your CCENT! icon_thumright.gif

What do you think if ITpro.tv as compared to CBT Nuggets? I just heard of them for the first time so I dont know how good they are.

The host explains things well, I picked up a lot of stuff that other videos did not mention. They are really good if you can stand 2 hour videos. I got the offline files from a classmate...technically they are 30 minute episodes but they are combined into one video per subject. For example, one video for Routing Technologies, one video for IP addressing...around 10 videos for the 100-101 and 200-101 course each. It might be different if you are a member that can access the online library, however.

Overall, ITPro is my first choice. I am going to watch those vids for my MCSA and VCP studies as well.