Ccie-sec

NOC-NinjaNOC-Ninja Member Posts: 1,403
anybody going for this?
What books are you guys reading?

Comments

• gorebrushgorebrush Member Posts: 2,743 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Yeah I'm going for this one, not gathered my materials yet but an obvious one is the Big ol' ASA book that's like many, many pages.
  • silver145silver145 Member Posts: 265 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Going to look into ASA's as my next "thing" - If i like it i am going to attempt CCNP sec, depending how much i like that, potentially CCIE SEC.

Going to take my steps more "granular" now depending on my passion for the technology
  • down77down77 Member Posts: 1,009
    Its on the list after finishing the CCIE: DC. I haven't decided if it'll be before the CCIE SP (since I postponed it) or after. Knowing my luck it'll be the v1 SourceFire CCIE: Sec exam!
    CCIE Sec: Starting Nov 11
  • NOC-NinjaNOC-Ninja Member Posts: 1,403
    Im not even sure if its worth it. I read the 3rd edition ASA and CCNP sec books. Also, I watched all the CCNP-sec videos.
    Im thinking of the ROI since we all know how much time and money it takes to get a CCIE.

Im skipping NP-sec since thats 4 tests. Its cheaper for me to jump CCIE-sec written since that will renew my CCIE.
    What do you guys think about 2nd ccie?
  • IristheangelIristheangel Mod Posts: 4,133 Mod
    I thought about going for this one but I feel like the lab needs to be updated first. They're using the old EoL IPS, ISE 1.1, ACS 4 I think, etc. I know they just updated the NP Security exams last year so I feel like the IE is probably going to be next.
    BS, MS, and CCIE #50931
    Blog: www.network-node.com
  • BroadcastStormBroadcastStorm Member Posts: 496
    Security track is a very moveable target lol, I've thought about Security as well.
  • bermovickbermovick Member Posts: 1,135 ■■■■□□□□□□
    CCNP/CCIE Sec is planned after the R+S.
    Latest Completed: CISSP

Current goal: Dunno
  • Dieg0MDieg0M Member Posts: 861
    Not sure if the CCIE Sec is worth it since it is so vendor specific. Even tough I currently work with ASA's and Cisco gear, I feel like Checkpoint/Fortinet/Juniper has a bigger place in the market.
    Follow my CCDE journey at www.routingnull0.com
  • silver145silver145 Member Posts: 265 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Same could be said for any CCIE though Dieg, most of the market wants a decent CCNP.

If you have the time to go for it, anything at such a high level is good job wise, but if you are after the quickest return of investment, Dieg0 is spot on
  • gorebrushgorebrush Member Posts: 2,743 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Yeah I'm still in two minds about what to do next... Any jobs I've seen around where I am is just CCIE: R&S, some DC, but not DC specific enough to warrant an IE in DC. I'm still off the study at the moment (enjoying a well earned break) but we'll see. I might even pick up Windows Server 2012 MCSE as my current one is well out of date. Ultimately I want to be in a TDA/TA role which requires "all round" knowledge of many different things... i.e. Windows, Networking, Virtualisation etc - and I can do most things off the bat.