Is it worth buying?

m1xaylom1xaylo Member Posts: 59 ■■■□□□□□□□
Hello,I just scheduled the exam today and curious if anyone bought this in the past, and is it worth buying?

Pass the Security+ Exam the First Time You Take It | Get Certified Get Ahead

I am using Principles of Computer Security by White and Messer's videos.

Comments

• JasionoJasiono Member Posts: 896 ■■■■□□□□□□
    One word, yes. The book is amazing. I used it as my sole study material and I passed the exam with flying colors. I got 1 question wrong.

Your milage may vary but in my opinion, it's an excellent book. If he made books for the exams I am studying for in the future I would not hesitate to buy them as the main resource.
  • JasionoJasiono Member Posts: 896 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I would just get his book. It's 10 bucks on Amazon.
    But in all honesty this exam isn't that tough to where you need 4 resources. This package might be going overboard considering you have two other resources.
  • successrealmsuccessrealm Member Posts: 104 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Yes, Darril Gibson's book is worth buying. I used it, and many others here have, also. (I got the Nook version for my tablet)

That and Professor Messer's vids, and maybe some Quizlet's online. What's your timeframe?
  • m1xaylom1xaylo Member Posts: 59 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I have 10 days at this point. I did study for few weeks already and have a pool of 230 questions I gathered form different sources.

One main reason I wandered about this package is practice questions (440) and simulations that come with it. If they are "close" to the exam - 46$ is still better than re-take icon_lol.gif