Options

NetRiders competition very soon, anybody got an idea?

ibn_shaddadibn_shaddad Member Posts: 57 ■■□□□□□□□□
Hello everyone

So I'm participating in this competition, it seems good but was wondering how are the questions compared with those of icnd1 and icnd2 and the academy exams questions?

I'm getting excited for this and at least I want to make it for stage 2 :D

thanks in advance :)
Working on: CCNA R&S, CCNA Sec, Security+
Learning: Python, C and C++

Comments

• Options
    realPSIrealPSI Member Posts: 51 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I finished 3rd in my state two years ago. The questions are nothing like you will see for CCENT or CCNA. The scenarios are more real life. As in build an entire jet plane communication backbone and have it talking to HQ in someplace somewhere., where passengers get video, and pilots can't watch video, security lan is isolated from passenger lan, blah blah blah.
  • Options
    realPSI wrote: »
    I finished 3rd in my state two years ago. The questions are nothing like you will see for CCENT or CCNA. The scenarios are more real life. As in build an entire jet plane communication backbone and have it talking to HQ in someplace somewhere., where passengers get video, and pilots can't watch video, security lan is isolated from passenger lan, blah blah blah.

WOW!!
    thanks for your reply, seems pretty much advanced.
    how did you prepare for it? what should I do?
  • Options
    I was a student at a Netacad. We did the practice test and studied similar Packet Tracers. I took 3 of the competition test and none of them were similar to anything like actual test or the CCENT CCNA test. The practicals in the test are not hard. You have to have a strong method to troubleshooting and know the applicable show commands and know how to infer or determine another routers configuration.
  • Options
    realPSI wrote: »
    I was a student at a Netacad. We did the practice test and studied similar Packet Tracers. I took 3 of the competition test and none of them were similar to anything like actual test or the CCENT CCNA test. The practicals in the test are not hard. You have to have a strong method to troubleshooting and know the applicable show commands and know how to infer or determine another routers configuration.

Thanks bro, much helpful.
    I will do my best.
    But from what you are saying, trouble shooting and show commands are very important to focus on? maybe the exam is heavier on show commands more than configuring like icnd1&2 exams?

anyway I'll prepare anything I can and can get my eyes on.
  • Options
    Find the practice test if you can on the netacad competition site.