Cisco live

kohr-ahkohr-ah Member Posts: 1,277
My work is offering to send me to one conference of my choice and the thought of Cisco Live came up.

Has anyone gone to it and is it worth it?

Comments

• IristheangelIristheangel Mod Posts: 4,133 Mod
    Haven't gone. I just found out yesterday that I can expense the whole thing so I will see you there if you go :)
    BS, MS, and CCIE #50931
    Blog: www.network-node.com
  • kohr-ahkohr-ah Member Posts: 1,277
    I am trying really hard to see if I can. If so I'll pm you my cell and see if we can meet up there :)
  • ampdeckampdeck Member Posts: 35 ■■□□□□□□□□
    kohr-ah wrote: »
    I am trying really hard to see if I can. If so I'll pm you my cell and see if we can meet up there :)

one of my dream to attend Cisco Live :)
  • /usr/usr Member Posts: 1,768
    I've been to VMWorld multiple times and Cisco Live once. Both are worth going to. If you'd like more details you can PM me.
  • networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    If I could only pick one it would probably be NANOG over any Cisco event.
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
  • joelsfoodjoelsfood Member Posts: 1,027 ■■■■■■□□□□
    No words on expensing trip yet, but I did get my pass, so expect I will go. Already registere dand scheduled all my time as UCS classes. :)
    If I could only pick one it would probably be NANOG over any Cisco event.

@networker050184 - Can you tell me about NANOG?
    I see a lot of people from ISPs are set to go to it then people from like facebook, etc.
  • E Double UE Double U Member Posts: 2,228 ■■■■■■■■■■
    I'm jealous! I've only been to Cisco tech day @ the Queen Mary.
    Alphabet soup from (ISC)2, ISACA, GIAC, EC-Council, Microsoft, ITIL, Cisco, Scrum, CompTIA, AWS
  • networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    I'd check out some of the NANOG presentations in the archive to get a feel. It's much better info for a network operator than the Cisco events I've been to. They are basically a sales pitch the entire time. NANOG has some of that too of course, but a lot more of it is actual operators presenting, research, etc. If you are looking for technical substance it's the best I've been to.
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
    It looks like we are being given 2 passes for this and I get one.

So hopefully I will see some of you there :) Going to try to attend all the sessions and lectures I can.