Finding Part Time work?

WilliamWrightWilliamWright Member Posts: 29 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hello There!
My current full-time Job is coming to an end and I've decided to go back to school, and I really find working full time to be way to dehumanizing at times especially when your always surrounded by technology.

I'm currently an SCCM engineer and a Support Analyst Tier 2.
Is it possible to find Part Time I.T work? And if so where do one begin to look?

Thank you

Comments

• marcj04marcj04 Member Posts: 75 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I've always wondered this as well. I'd love for an opportunity to work full-time and have a part-time job as well when I graduate. It seems like most people are hiring full time. I have had recruiters contact me for Networking position but it's always a deal breaker when I let them know that I am still in school and I would only be able to work part-time.
  • Danielm7Danielm7 Member Posts: 2,310 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I really find working full time to be way to dehumanizing at times especially when your always surrounded by technology.

Not to be the master of the obvious here, but you're going back for a total career change?
  • beadsbeads Member Posts: 1,531 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Filter the jobs boards for part time only and see what you can find, so to say. I'd try it here at work but I am afraid I'd have to clean up my own security incident doing so and its naughty to audit one's self.

Probably not going to find much in the way of part time work. Possibilities/suspicions would be smaller markets or small towns without a full time need or possibly non-profits may be willing to get someone part time. Check with temp agencies as well. They may have leads that fit into this category as well. I did alot of part time and temp work during college breaks, etc. Some of it part time, others were 40+ hour work weeks but short term in nature.

- b/eads
  • WilliamWrightWilliamWright Member Posts: 29 ■□□□□□□□□□
    To add fire to the flame.
    I was offered a Part Time Level 1 Desktop Support Job but turned it down for my current job, and now I'm wishing I kept it. The Pay was low but it was strictly 20 hours per week. >.< Faawwwwkkk

I really need one soon. I know they exist somewhere.
  • WilliamWrightWilliamWright Member Posts: 29 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Dan
    I'm going back to finish up my courses on Programming and after that is done then focus more on my music career. I've tried to balance working and my passions for the last 4 years only to find out that it is nearly impossible to do so.
    I don't have any responsibilities other than myself right now.