Failed Security

z3pxz3px Member Posts: 32 ■■□□□□□□□□
827. I thought there were plenty of fairly vague questions and some material that I don't remember ever seeing in the Cisco Press book. Oh well...will try again in a couple of weeks, at least it's not "easy".

Comments

• danny069danny069 Member Posts: 1,025 ■■■■□□□□□□
    You were almost there, passing is 898 I believe, you will get it next time around
    I am a Jack of all trades, Master of None
  • jjs1234jjs1234 Member Posts: 26 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Why is the passing score much higher than the CCNA R&S? its like 800 or 750?
  • EdificerEdificer Member Posts: 187 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Don't give up. So close!
    “Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall.” Confucius
  • theodoxatheodoxa Member Posts: 1,340 ■■■■□□□□□□
    jjs1234 wrote: »
    Why is the passing score much higher than the CCNA R&S? its like 800 or 750?

I think it used to be lower (I seem to remember it being lower a year or so ago), but the test was considered too "easy", so they raised it. As I've said before, I would rather they had added some CLI and ASDM based material rather than simply raising the passing score.

[EDIT] Cisco also appears to have raised the passing scores on the CCNP: R&S (based on comparing my experience to some posts of those who passed the new exams), but not by as much as they raised the CCNA: Security.
    R&S: CCENT CCNA CCNP CCIE [ ]
    Security: CCNA [ ]
    Virtualization: VCA-DCV [ ]
  • CheebahawkCheebahawk Member Posts: 16 ■□□□□□□□□□
    theodoxa wrote: »

[EDIT] Cisco also appears to have raised the passing scores on the CCNP: R&S (based on comparing my experience to some posts of those who passed the new exams), but not by as much as they raised the CCNA: Security.

CCNP: R&S has been overhauled as of January of this year. New books, CBN Nuggets, etc.
    2015 Goals: CCNA: Security [Scrapped(210-260)] CCNP Switch [ ] Route [ ] Tshoot [ ]