Options

Where and how to take the A+ exam?

SamanthaslickSamanthaslick Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hey everyone, my name is Sam and I'm very new to the certification world. I've never taken any courses or training at all. I've always been good with computers- built my own- and everyone always asks me to fix their computers. Basically, it's always been an interest of mine and I really want to learn more about the field. I was thinking I would like to take the 801 and 802 A+ exams. I've read your advice about doing the self study thing, so I've already ordered some books, but I can't seem to find any information anywhere about where and how to take the exam. It seems if you pay for a course, maybe they give you the exam at the end, but that's a guess. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Comments

• Options
    cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    I'm sure someone who has taken this recently can answer in more detail but in the meanwhile this should point you in the right direction.

Find your closest testing center here: https://wsr.pearsonvue.com/testtaker/registration/SelectTestCenterProximity/COMPTIA/706942

When you are ready either pay for the test here through CompTIA or buy a voucher elsewhere. You will then need to create an account at Pearson VUE and register for the test.
  • Options
    ssnyderu2ssnyderu2 Member Posts: 475 ■■■□□□□□□□
    For the A+ self study is the way to go, I would not waist my money on training classes. Using self study I got my A+ a few years ago in 4 to 6 months. As mentioned, sign up for the exam at Person Vue. You have books on the way, supplement those with Professor Messors training video and some hands on time.
    2019 Goals: 70-698, CCENT, MCSA 2016
    Certifications: A+, Network+, Security+, CIW Foundations and MTA OS Fundamentals
    Cisco Lab :3x Cisco 2811 Routers, 3x Cisco 3750 Switches and Cisco 2620 Router with NM-32A module
    Windows Lab: Dual CPU Hyper-V server with 12 Cores/24 Threads, 96GB RAM and 2TB HDD.
    CANCER SURVIVOR! In Remission Since September 2016!
  • Options
    SamanthaslickSamanthaslick Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thanks for the information, I am going to check it out. I am sure I will visit and post in the future.
    Sam