Passed Security+ SY0-401

TheReceiverTheReceiver Member Posts: 43 ■■□□□□□□□□
This exam was a little difficult only because I didnt really spend that much time studying for it.

I gave myself about 2 weeks comprising of about 5 hours a day and kindle versions as well so I could read while I was at work. So all in all maybe about 60 hours of studying and review. My weak point is most definitely PKI infrastructure but everything else was quite moderate.

In the beginning I used Professor Messor's videos but didnt finish them, reason being as I used them as an interim study method until my Study Guide arrived in the mail, by Darril Gibson. I also purchased the Kindle version, for 3 dollars since I purchased the physical book.

I always feel like I will get content outside the scope of the exam so I got the practice questions book as well and missed about 10% of each section. From that point I started memorizing ports and protocols right before the exam and walked back out with a whopping 822.

Now I plan to get the Project+, 3 CIW certs before the end of May to cut down on time needed for the WGU bachelors and ill try to have that completed in 6 months since someone else was able to do it with 0 transfers in one year.

Thanks everyone for recommending that study guide, it was easily the best training material I ever used. Considering that I had my school pay for the cert (which was 427 today) all I spent was 40 bucks total.

Comments

• orlandoflorlandofl Member Posts: 216 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass!! icon_thumright.gif
    • Education: B.A. Criminal Justice - Thomas Edison State University
    • Education: Undergraduate Certificate in Microsoft Server Administration - St. Petersburg College
    • Currently Working On: MCSA - Windows 10
    • Planned Certifications for 2017: MCSE - Mobility
    • Connect With Me On LinkedIn:https://www.linkedin.com/in/travisebyrd
  • VincentjAlvarezVincentjAlvarez Member Posts: 8 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congratulations on the pass!
  • DAVIS NGUYENDAVIS NGUYEN Member Posts: 1,472 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • TheReceiverTheReceiver Member Posts: 43 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Thanks everyone, Im glad I signed up. Sounds like I am amongst peers.

I spent a lot of time on OCN, but more and more it seems an epeen measuring contest and what not so ill be spending more time here.
  • c0mptiac0mptia Member Posts: 149 ■■■□□□□□□□
    nice...Congrats on the pass!!
  • H3||scr3amH3||scr3am Member Posts: 564 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congratulations on passing your Security+
  • TheReceiverTheReceiver Member Posts: 43 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Thanks everyone!

Working on Project+ and a few CIW certs to cut down on WGU BS of IT completion time. The next ceremony is in October and I want to walk the line at least once in my school career
  • majid3612majid3612 Registered Users Posts: 4 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Hi guys

May you please give me useful information about how to register for security+ exam? How can I see the dates and centers which hold this exam?
    In addition, which materials (books, videos and ...) do you offer me?
    I have passed the security+ course in my country (Iran) and now I want to take the international exam.

Thanks in advance.