ICND 1 Passed!!

DrethylDrethyl Member Posts: 121 ■■□□□□□□□□
Hey guys today was my first attempt at the ICND 1 and I got a 894/1000. My main two resources were the Odom book as well as CBTNuggets which is absolutely amazing. If you find any of the books hard to get through like myself I suggest checking out the CBT videos they are amazing and easy to follow.

Also a big thanks to kMastaFlash for getting me a good deal on a voucher, it really got me into gear to study.

Comments

• thatguy67thatguy67 Member Posts: 344 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats...it's a cool feeling icon_cheers.gif
    2017 Goals: []PCNSE7 []CCNP:Security []CCNP:R&S []LCDE []WCNA
  • ssnyderu2ssnyderu2 Member Posts: 475 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats on getting your CCENT! icon_thumright.gif
    2019 Goals: 70-698, CCENT, MCSA 2016
    Certifications: A+, Network+, Security+, CIW Foundations and MTA OS Fundamentals
    Cisco Lab :3x Cisco 2811 Routers, 3x Cisco 3750 Switches and Cisco 2620 Router with NM-32A module
    Windows Lab: Dual CPU Hyper-V server with 12 Cores/24 Threads, 96GB RAM and 2TB HDD.
    CANCER SURVIVOR! In Remission Since September 2016!
  • koz24koz24 Member Posts: 766 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats, good luck on ICND2!
  • Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats!!
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • DrethylDrethyl Member Posts: 121 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Thanks guys i'm aiming to finish the ICND 2 by the end of the month.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Senior Member Posts: 0 ■■□□□□□□□□
    No problem man! Congrats on passing!! ICND2 will be even more of a challenge! Good luck!
    Thanks I'm looking forward to the challenge.
  • niba10niba10 Member Posts: 54 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats keep going
  • H3||scr3amH3||scr3am Member Posts: 564 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats on passing your CCENT!
  • MagmadragoonMagmadragoon Member Posts: 172 ■■■□□□□□□□
    congratulations
  • ccnpninjaccnpninja Member Posts: 1,010 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • CiscoNoob2CiscoNoob2 Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats on your pass Drethyl , May I ask how many questions you had on Subnetting and how many long scenario questions there were??

Did you do OK for time?

Thanks
  • siggnationsiggnation Member Posts: 182
    Dreth--nailed it, congrats!
    Currently Reading:

CCIE Routing and Switching Written Exam v. 5.1
    CCIE Routing and Switching 5.0 OCG, Vol. I
    Cisco Lan Switching
    Hey Cisconoob2,

In total I had 50 questions 3 of which were simlet questions. If I had to guess I'd say around 7 questions were subnetting related. My time was pretty good I believe it took me around 40 minutes to finish the test. The questions that took me the longest were the subnetting ones because I was writing them down and doing them.
  • SimridSimrid Member Posts: 327
    Congrats man icon_cheers.gif
    Network Engineer | London, UK | Currently working on: CCIE Routing & Switching

sriddle.co.uk
    uk.linkedin.com/in/simonriddle
  • DeathmageDeathmage Banned Posts: 2,496
    Congrats man! - taking my exam in 2 weeks!
  • orlandoflorlandofl Member Posts: 216 ■■■□□□□□□□
    congrats on the pass! icon_thumright.gif How long did it take you to study for the exam?
    • Education: B.A. Criminal Justice - Thomas Edison State University
    • Education: Undergraduate Certificate in Microsoft Server Administration - St. Petersburg College
    • Currently Working On: MCSA - Windows 10
    • Planned Certifications for 2017: MCSE - Mobility
    • Connect With Me On LinkedIn:https://www.linkedin.com/in/travisebyrd
    I studied for about two months. I started using CBT Nugget videos the last week before I took the test. I am going to take ICND2 this weekend and hope for the best. All together I would say I put a solid two months of studying in for the test.