Passed SY0-401

SunShine7SunShine7 Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
I passed today with a 809!!! icon_biggrin.gif Thanks to everyone for there post about what to expect from the SY0-401 and listing the best resources, and encouragement. I truly appreciate it, especially after I failed the first time with a whopping 691. Should have studied Darrill Gibson in the first place, never would have had to go back.

For all those who haven't taken it or need to retake it, "Darrill Gibson". I purchased the online membership and the app. I appreciate how he makes you apply it, because that is what you really need to know.

My formula:
Prayer
3 weeks of study (Purchase the Darrill Gibson ebook)
LearnZapp mobile App.

If your wondering, because I know I did when I was reading post, "Did I read the whole book?" The answer is "No". I used the book to read about the things that confused me during the practice test. I probably would have scored higher if I would have read the whole book, but I'm happy with my score.

Comments

• Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats!!
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • DrethylDrethyl Member Posts: 121 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats !!! I'm going for Security + after I finish my CCNA.
  • m1xaylom1xaylo Member Posts: 59 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • greg9891greg9891 Member Posts: 1,189 ■■■■■■■□□□
    congrats you did a great job. nice scoreicon_cool.gificon_cool.gif. Im studying for my security + as well. will read that book.
    :
    Upcoming Certs: VCA-DCV 7.0, VCP-DCV 7.0, Oracle Database 1Z0-071, PMP, Server +, CCNP

Proverbs 6:6-11Go to the ant, you sluggard! Consider her ways and be wise, Which, having no captain, Overseer or ruler, Provides her supplies in the summer, And gathers her food in the harvest. How long will you slumber, O sluggard?
    When will you rise from your sleep? A little sleep, a little slumber, A little folding of the hands to sleep, So shall your poverty come on you like a prowler And your need like an armed man.
  • c0mptiac0mptia Member Posts: 149 ■■■□□□□□□□
    nice..congrad on passing
  • orlandoflorlandofl Member Posts: 216 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass!! icon_thumright.gif

-Travis
    • Education: B.A. Criminal Justice - Thomas Edison State University
    • Education: Undergraduate Certificate in Microsoft Server Administration - St. Petersburg College
    • Currently Working On: MCSA - Windows 10
    • Planned Certifications for 2017: MCSE - Mobility
    • Connect With Me On LinkedIn:https://www.linkedin.com/in/travisebyrd
  • majid3612majid3612 Registered Users Posts: 4 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Hi guys

May you please give me useful information about how to register for security+ exam? How can I see the dates and centers which hold this exam?
    In addition, which materials (books, videos and ...) do you offer me?
    I have passed the security+ course in my country (Iran) and now I want to take the international exam.

Thanks in advance.