Testing Apr 27, 2015

moonprincessmoonprincess Registered Users Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi Everyone,

I am new to the forms but I thought I would get on and asked from those who have already passed or are studying to pass how they felt before the test. I have the Mike Meyers total seminar videos, his practice exams and his all in one book as the material I have been studying. In fact I have studied so much that I dream about the areas I struggle I woke up last night quoting how many pins were in the different types of ram... Both of my test are on Monday, I scheduled them back to back, I am totally nervous scared that I am not going to pass. I really don't have the money to waste on these two test so I will be mortified if I fail. So my question is this what else can I do to prepare and help myself calm down before these tests, any ways to help memorize on things, and for those of you who have already taken both 801 and 802 what was the test like? How many questions? Was it all multiple choice or was it what is this picture kind of questions? Any information the community could give me would be gratefully appreciated.

Carol (MoonPrincess)

Comments

• clayb226clayb226 Member Posts: 14 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I am also going to try to schedule my 220-802 for that day, took the 220-801 on the 20th. I thought it better to focus on one test at a time, but after the 801 I would of thought I would of liked to of tried both, since I have to drive about 2 hours to the closest testing center. I had 80 questions on my 801, and it was easier than I anticipated. I have several years experience in the industry though. Good luck to you, I hope we both are certified by the end of that day.
    I hope all went well with your tests, I had to schedule mine for the next day, due to no open slots.
  • castagnolaccastagnolac Member Posts: 14 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I'm sorry I didn't see this until now, I would have liked to be able to lend you some encouragement.
    My bet is that you passed, unless you got a horrendous batch of questions. In my limited experience (CCENT only so far) dreaming about this stuff tells me you were ready!
    If you didn't pass, you can only pick yourself up and try again!
  • moonprincessmoonprincess Registered Users Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Welp a tornado blew threw knocking out power where I was going to be testing, knocked a tree on my car to -.- Pearson has rescheduled me for tomorrow in another location that has power. Thank you to everyone offering me luck!
  • bloodshotbettybloodshotbetty Member Posts: 215
    ...I kind of wish something like that would happen to me on my exam date. I could use another weekend to study.

But minus the things and the stuff getting broken.

A+ certified
    Bachelors of Science in Social Work, Augsburg College
    Working on: Network+
  • RuminusRuminus Member Posts: 56 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Welp a tornado blew threw knocking out power where I was going to be testing, knocked a tree on my car to -.- Pearson has rescheduled me for tomorrow in another location that has power. Thank you to everyone offering me luck!

That's one way to get out of an exam... YIKES!! Good luck tomorrow and I hope you're ok (both on the exam and from the weather stuff). :D
    WGU Classes Finished: GAC1, WFV1, UBC1, EUP1, EUC1, TCP1, COV1, CJC1, CUV1, CQV1, IWT1, TPV1, CTV1, C173, C185, ABV1, C179, C697, C698
    Program (BSIT-NA) completion: 80%
  • MauryfrenchMauryfrench Member Posts: 18 ■□□□□□□□□□
    A few years back I was CCNA certified. I remember taking practice test after practice test and not quite passing. I finally went to take the real test just to see what it was like and I'll be danged if I didn't pass first try!

All this means I bet you do fine. I will be asking you for advice in a few weeks I bet.
    I was curious, how you came out on your tests?? I hope you passed them both the first time.
    I passed both exams thank you everyone for the well wishes!!!!!
    Nice, congratulations, on the passes!!!
  • MauryfrenchMauryfrench Member Posts: 18 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Fantastic! I will need some help with mine in a few weeks.
  • ZerogsZerogs Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I passed both of mine this month. Did about a week and a half on each exam. 801 was easier because it was about parts and pin numbers which made it easier to memorize. The 802 on the other hand was a bit harder to me. Troubleshooting is not something you find in a chart or but a number on so my score was a little less but a pass is a pass.:D

Study material
    25% was from A+ complete review guide book sybex just to get a overview
    75% was from the Professor messer study guide which I printed out and laminated and carried with me all over the place.

Best of luck everyone
  • NtengNteng Member Posts: 33 ■■□□□□□□□□
  • Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats!!
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • sysadmin101sysadmin101 Member Posts: 31 ■□□□□□□□□□
    congratulations. I am nervous about 802. i cant eat or sleep icon_sad.gif
  • xD LucasxD Lucas Member Posts: 107
    That's not going to be beneficial to you at all when you actually take it. You need some good rest, and you need to know that even if you fail, you can retake it and you'll know exactly what to expect.
    2015 Objectives: MTA: 98-349 ✔ → CompTIA A+ → CompTIA Network+ CompTIA Security+
  • sysadmin101sysadmin101 Member Posts: 31 ■□□□□□□□□□
    thank you. i needed to hear that

I did not pass the 801 the first time I took it the next day and because I knew what to expect I was better prepared. Do not be so nervous you can do this!
  • CompbebeCompbebe Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats!! Is there really a performance based section? I'm really-really nervous about that! thanks