Labsims WGU Security+ exp

jrel209jrel209 Member Posts: 21 ■□□□□□□□□□
Anyone have exp with WGU's labsims for security+? How did you like it? I'm in section 4 and it feels like the class so far is just labsims giving me 100 terms and memorizing them. There isnt any debt to the class so far.

Is it labsims or just sec+?

Would I be better off investing into Gibsons book or something else?
WGU B.S. IT - Security:: In Progress (17u): C170, C175, C246, C697
Required (38u): C698, C247, C484, C483, C176 , C179, C299, C435, C436
Completed(12u): ORA1, CUV1, CRV1, CTV1

Transferred (68u):
CLC1, TCP1, C393, C394, BVC1, IWT1, C278, INC1, WFV1, DJV1, TBP1, AGC1, EUC1, C132, EUP1, C277, IWC1, CJC1, DHV1, C164, C173

Comments

• TheReceiverTheReceiver Member Posts: 43 ■■□□□□□□□□
    jrel209 wrote: »
    Anyone have exp with WGU's labsims for security+? How did you like it? I'm in section 4 and it feels like the class so far is just labsims giving me 100 terms and memorizing them. There isnt any debt to the class so far.

Is it labsims or just sec+?

Would I be better off investing into Gibsons book or something else?

I dont have any experience with the WGU material but you can look at the preview for the Practice Questions by Gibson on the free kindle application (or via the web I think) and see how you feel about the early on content. I felt the questions from the practice book were pretty similar in nature to the exam (as it gave me the confidence to just go and do it).
  • techfiendtechfiend Member Posts: 1,481 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I used labsim only and nearly aced it. The tests and sims were very comparable to the real test. I skipped the woody and company videos as well, just read and test.
    2018 AWS Solutions Architect - Associate (Apr) 2017 VCAP6-DCV Deploy (Oct) 2016 Storage+ (Jan)
    2015 Start WGU (Feb) Net+ (Feb) Sec+ (Mar) Project+ (Apr) Other WGU (Jun) CCENT (Jul) CCNA (Aug) CCNA Security (Aug) MCP 2012 (Sep) MCSA 2012 (Oct) Linux+ (Nov) Capstone/BS (Nov) VCP6-DCV (Dec) ITILF (Dec)
  • successrealmsuccessrealm Member Posts: 104 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I attend WGU, and I didn't use the labsim route for my Sec+ exam. I used Darril Gibson's book, and Cramsession, and some quizlet's online.
    (I did the same thing and used the same resources for their A+ course)
  • f16jetmanf16jetman Member Posts: 108
    I suffered through all of the labsim material. When I played one of the videos I usually found my self browsing the web while the video played in the background lol Boring stuff. I can only take so much of that Robb Tracy fellow! It is a ton to memorize but Labsim did help me pass the Sec+.

I learned more from Professor Messer and the Derril Gibson book than Labsim though.
    I picked the wrong profession. Too much studying. :study:
    [FONT=&amp]Thus says the Lord: “Let not the wise man boast in his wisdom, let not the mighty man boast in his might, let not the rich man boast in his riches, [/FONT][FONT=&amp]but let him who boasts boast in this, that he understands and knows me, that I am the Lord who practices steadfast love, justice, and righteousness in the earth. For in these things I delight, declares the Lord.” Jeremiah 9:23-24[/FONT]
  • overtheborderovertheborder Member Posts: 15 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Last night I finished all of the labsim material. It was really hard to watch those two in the videos! My mentor wants me to get a 90% on the practice exam before he gives me the voucher for the actual exam.

I feel a little stuck now knowing I can only do the practice exams, some of these are 1+ hours timed!