Options

Prepping for A+

MauryfrenchMauryfrench Member Posts: 18 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hello all! I have been in various computer positions over the years; probably longer than many of you have even been alive. I have decided to add some certifications to my resume so I can get back into the fun work.

I am currently taking an online course via Pluralsight (get it free from work) and want to get a good book to go with it. I am wondering just how long the 220-801 and 220-802 exams have been around, and are they the same exams from 2012?

I am looking at this right now, thoughts?
[h=1]CompTIA A+ Complete Study Guide: Exams 220-801 and 220-802 [COLOR=#555555 !important]Paperback [COLOR=#555555 !important]– October 2, 2012 [/COLOR]by Docter, Dulaney and Skandier. [/h]
Thanks,
Maury French[/COLOR]

Comments

• Options
    orlandoflorlandofl Member Posts: 216 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I am currently taking an online course via Pluralsight (get it free from work) and want to get a good book to go with it. I am wondering just how long the 220-801 and 220-802 exams have been around, and are they the same exams from 2012?

Hello. Yes they are the same exams from 2012. I believe they will be changing (updating) Fall of this year. While i'm only using Professor Messer A+ videos and exam compass before sitting the exam, if i were to buy a book for the A+ exam it would most certainly be this:

CompTIA A+ Certification All-in-One Exam Guide, 8th Edition (Exams 220-801 & 220-802): Michael Meyers: 9780071795128: Amazon.com: Books

Michael Meyers All in One book has over 400 reviews at almost 5 stars..I think it would be very hard to go wrong here.

Regards,

Travis
    • Education: B.A. Criminal Justice - Thomas Edison State University
    • Education: Undergraduate Certificate in Microsoft Server Administration - St. Petersburg College
    • Currently Working On: MCSA - Windows 10
    • Planned Certifications for 2017: MCSE - Mobility
    • Connect With Me On LinkedIn:https://www.linkedin.com/in/travisebyrd
  • Options
    Thanks, Travis!

I wondered about the Michael Meyers book too as others have mentioned it here. I will jump to that one.

Maury
  • Options
    bloodshotbettybloodshotbetty Member Posts: 215
    Mike Meyers has a lot of great information. He can get a little long winded and it can be dry at times, but it has everything you need to know. I supplemented it with Exam Cram, so if there was anything I didn't understand I could read a very concise version to follow up.

A+ certified
    Bachelors of Science in Social Work, Augsburg College
    Working on: Network+
  • Options
    Thanks, Betty. Or do I call you Bloodshot ? icon_cool.gif
  • Options
    bloodshotbettybloodshotbetty Member Posts: 215
    Either, will do!

My real name is Alycia. Hah.

A+ certified
    Bachelors of Science in Social Work, Augsburg College