Options

Anyone use Slack for agile communication?

N2ITN2IT Inactive Imported Users Posts: 7,483 ■■■■■■■■■■
https://slack.com/

My boss inquired about it and from what I can tell it looks like a utility that can be leveraged instead of email and other forms of communication, keeping the channel to one specific platform other than F 2 F.

I'd love to hear experiences from the community if they indeed use this or have used it in the past.

Comments

• Options
    IristheangelIristheangel Mod Posts: 4,133 Mod
    I am on it for some of the meetup stuff. It's not bad for social chats and stuff... it just doesn't seem super advanced either. It's persistent chats with the ability to upload pics and files. That's pretty much all I've see it used for.
    BS, MS, and CCIE #50931
    Blog: www.network-node.com
  • Options
    Thanks Iris for the follow up I completely missed this until now. Thanks!
  • Options
    networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    We use slack. It's cool, but nothing revolutionary. The slack bots are pretty cool.
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
  • Options
    JasminLandryJasminLandry Member Posts: 601 ■■■□□□□□□□
    We have just started using it as well. It looks like a good tool for collaboration between certain departments and teams. It's also useful for its integration with other certain products. We're looking to replace Lync and reduce email with this, still in testing though. It also has a nice mobile app but you absolutely have to change the notifications so it won't get out of hand. Overall, not a bad product at all in my opinion.
  • Options
    We have a team of 7.

2 .net devs who co locate and a etl dev.
    We have a product owner, myself who is a PM/Requirements and a DBA/Data Analyst and a senior leader (Senior Director).

The senior leader is on the executive floor, then the DBA, product owner and myself are together. We use email a lot and it seems things are missed a lot.

For application development efforts what are you thoughts? All of our projects are code based, database redesigns, web portal enhancements, refactoring for optimization and performance etc.

Does slack lend itself well to agile efforts? Right now we are Kanban focused so hopefully it snaps into that sect of agile.