cert license numbers on cv?

chickenlicken09chickenlicken09 Member Posts: 537 ■■■■□□□□□□
Hey,

Just wondered if there is any advantage to puting your cert licence id on your cv?
Anyone do it?

Thanks

Comments

• kohr-ahkohr-ah Member Posts: 1,277
    Nope.

I never put my actual numbers on my résumé nor have I ever had one ask for it.
  • TheFORCETheFORCE Member Posts: 2,297 ■■■■■■■■□□
    No reason to do it. People can find your numbers anyway by going to the appropriate organization's website and searching for your name I believe.
  • beadsbeads Member Posts: 1,531 ■■■■■■■■■□
    My CISSP-ISSAP number is there on my resume. Others are not. Why? Its more of a dare to look up my credentials and the loss of privacy thing is a red herring. I could scrape the web page for the same information on people for a few minutes of scripting effort.

This is one of those topics that pops up occasionally and feels a bit faddish at times. Sometimes it's suggested others suggest not. If your really unsure just put something saying: certification and license numbers provided upon request.

- b/eads
  • nelson8403nelson8403 Member Posts: 220 ■■■□□□□□□□
    How did you feel about the ISSAP?

I don't put my cert numbers, perhaps if I had my CCIE I would but I don't list my CISSP either
    Bachelor of Science, IT Security
    Master of Science, Information Security and Assurance

CCIE Security Progress: Written Pass (06/2016), 1st Lab Attempt (11/2016)
  • thomas_thomas_ Member Posts: 1,012 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I was doing it and then looked at some resumes and realized other people weren't doing it. I figured if they want to verify they'll ask me to provide verification.
  • RaisinRaisin Member Posts: 136
    If they care about verifying your certs they'll ask for it during the hiring process. Nobody is going to waste their time verifying anything until you look like a serious hire. Putting your IDs in your resume will just clutter things up.