Options

Certification Advice Needed

mauleymauley Registered Users Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hello there everyone, I am new to this site but require some advice from those with more certification experience to help me decide in which direction I need to go.

I am a 30yr old working for a Letting and Management agency as a System Admin for the last 3yrs. I do not have any certified qualifications yet, I only posses my 14yrs of PC building and troubleshooting experience and my passion for IT.

I am in the UK and I have A-levels in IT, I studied Information Systems at university but only completed one year. I have an NCFE for IT practioners which I obtained at a community college some time ago.

I have been wanting to get certified for some time now but due to various reasons never had the opportunity to pursue any qualifications.

So my question is where to go from here, I have been looking at doing A+, Network+, Security+, MCSA:Windows 7, MCSA:Windows 8.1, MTA:98-349/98-365/98-366/98-367 and also an ITIL v3 Foundation.

I would like some advice on the best possible route to obtaining some worthwhile certifications.

As a sidenote my mains areas of interest are mainly hardware and security but I have been getting more and more into the software side of things and would like to do some sort of Windows certification, as to whether that is Win 7 or 8.1 is another thing.

Thanks for reading!

Comments