Options

Question About ISDN

NetstudentNetstudent Member Posts: 1,693 ■■■□□□□□□□
Hey I'm reading through the Technotes in the WAN section and it's going on about ISDN. It then says that an ISDN Modem is used to convert digital information to analogue and vice versa, However in Mike Meyers passport he specifically states that a ISDN modem is really the ISDN Terminal Adapter and does not due any modulation demodulation. Can someone shed some light on this for me please. So the ISDN circuits are not actually created by PSTN cabling? Or are the ISDN circuits actually phone wires that arn't plugged(a part of ) into a PSTN switch or PSTN modem? And should I even worry about this for Network+?Thanks
There is no place like 127.0.0.1 BUT 209.62.5.3 is my 127.0.0.1 away from 127.0.0.1!

Comments

• Options
    WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
    And should I even worry about this for Network+?
    No, Network+ is a tad to basic for that, but regardless. Apart from that I wouldn't quickly argue with Mike, I really need to change that sentence about the ISDN modem. There's no digital-analogue modulation demodulation, it's more of a conversion what the ISDN 'modem' (TA) does. The ISDN line is digital end-to-end, this is one of the main reasons it's much faster than PSTN dial-up connections. I'll rewrite that sentence in a minute. I'm sorry if I caused any confusion. Thanks for the comments!

Johan
  • Options
    NetstudentNetstudent Member Posts: 1,693 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Okay thanks for the reply. I think I have the concept now.
    There is no place like 127.0.0.1 BUT 209.62.5.3 is my 127.0.0.1 away from 127.0.0.1!