Pre test jitters

MooseboostMooseboost Member Posts: 778 ■■■■□□□□□□
So.. I have scheduled the CCENT for May 4th. I feel ready for it. I have studied for a few months now and have put in a lot of work to understand the material. I can pass the Boson exams 100% now and have reworked through all my study material. Yet, even if I feel I am ready - I can't help but to have text anxiety. I didn't feel this prior to actually paying for and scheduling the exam. Is it always like this with exams? How did you feel before your exams?

Comments

• techfiendtechfiend Member Posts: 1,481 ■■■■□□□□□□
    For both of my A+ tests I was shaking in my boots. Those are the only two tests I've specifically paid out of pocket for, since I'm going to WGU. The test center environment has some impact on my anxiety. I now drive about 20 miles instead of <1 mile to test because it's more comfortable and results in higher scores. CCENT I'll probably have higher than normal anxiety because it's my first cisco test. I've read anxiety can help focus if you know how to handle it.
    2018 AWS Solutions Architect - Associate (Apr) 2017 VCAP6-DCV Deploy (Oct) 2016 Storage+ (Jan)
    2015 Start WGU (Feb) Net+ (Feb) Sec+ (Mar) Project+ (Apr) Other WGU (Jun) CCENT (Jul) CCNA (Aug) CCNA Security (Aug) MCP 2012 (Sep) MCSA 2012 (Oct) Linux+ (Nov) Capstone/BS (Nov) VCP6-DCV (Dec) ITILF (Dec)
  • xeruanxeruan Member Posts: 146 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I didn't so much when I took the ICND1 exam, but recently when I took both the Security+ and ICND2 I felt more nervous. Never anything terrible, but enough where I didn't want to eat and risk being sick.

I know I've studied the material, and feel ready for the exam - the cause of my anxiety is that I have an 75-80 minute drive to the testing center and as I get closer my anxiety increases. If I lived 10-15 minutes from a testing center, I don't think it'd be nearly the same issue.
  • ITBotITBot Member Posts: 114 ■■■□□□□□□□
    The first time I took ICND 1, I was pretty anxious. Then I failed it by 3 points and saw that it actually wasn't too bad. Very similar to the Boson simulator. It's really not too bad. My co-workers blew it up to be a really difficult certification to get which is why I was anxious. You know the material, so be confident and make sure you watch the clock. You got this!
  • koz24koz24 Member Posts: 766 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I feel the same exact way. Always anxious even though I know I'm ready. Though when I sit down and start taking the test, all the anxiety goes away.

The Boson exams are harder than the real thing, so you should be all set!
  • thomas_thomas_ Member Posts: 1,012 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I was preety nervous for both ICND1 and ICND2. I had a study plan and once I was finished with my study plan I scheduled the exam to take it. Both times I had purchased a voucher from PesrsonVue and had to keep on rescheduling due to me not making my study deadlines. Once I finished studying I found a test center that had an opening which ended up being the next day. Since it was the next day, there was no way to reschedule since you have to reschedule 24 hours in advance.

Having an encouraging girlfriend also helped me schedule the exam. In hindsight she might have just been tired of me being grumpy from too much studying...lol.
  • crazybrownie13crazybrownie13 Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I've always been nervous on my exams. I have an HP cert on Friday so I know how you feel. Let that feeling work to your advantage.
  • Jon_CiscoJon_Cisco Member Posts: 1,772 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I felt the same way on both of my exams. I knew I was going to pass ICND1 without a problem but it was my first Cisco exam so I was still nervous.

The best thing you can do is just try it. You will never know how hard it will be until you take it once.
  • MooseboostMooseboost Member Posts: 778 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Guess I will find out how hard it is come May 4th. (Haha, may the 4th be with me)/ I think at this point it is now or never. I know the review material. If I wait any longer my nerves will get the better of me. Its kind of like studying for SAT. You feel ready but still nervous. I feel comfortable with the exam topics, so at this point if I don't know something - I don't know what it is I don't know (does that make sense?)
  • DeathmageDeathmage Banned Posts: 2,496
    let me know, how it is.... I'm in the same boat, been studying for it for 6+ months now....icon_redface.gif
  • d4nz1gd4nz1g Member Posts: 464
    Completely normal. Try to avoid getting too anxious.

I usually don't drink coffee right before my tests, and I bring a glass of water to the test pc.

I have been through 15+ exams, and I still sh** my pants when I sit in that chair.
  • quickman007quickman007 Member Posts: 195
    I just passed mine this morning. If you're getting 100% on Boson, you'll be golden.