saving emails to network folder

OakparktechOakparktech Member Posts: 64 ■■□□□□□□□□
Is it bad practice to save emails on network shared folder?
I am mostly concern about outlook email messages getting corrupted and cannot open?
users need to save the content on the email and once in a while the team will need to look up an old email...
I suppose is better to save this emails in public folders....

Comments

• jerseyIT92jerseyIT92 Banned Posts: 93 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Depends on who has access to that shared folder
  • OakparktechOakparktech Member Posts: 64 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Hi, no concerns with access to the shared folder. mostly concern if email message can live on a windows server file server?
  • rsuttonrsutton Member Posts: 1,029 ■■■■■□□□□□
    I occasionally store emails on the network - mainly emails that I know I will need to resend later. I have been doing it for years and have never experienced any problems.
  • N2ITN2IT Inactive Imported Users Posts: 7,483 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Agree with Sutton the files remain fine from my experiences and can be copied back to a client machine and relaunched with outlook.
  • CompuTron99CompuTron99 Member Posts: 542
    I have users print the emails to PDF before saving them to a network location. The only issue is they have to save the attachments separately.
  • NinjaBoyNinjaBoy Member Posts: 968
    No issues, plus if the pst file is on the network it can be backed up with the server gets backed up. A few places that we support are set up like that, the other places we support use a proper E-mail server (Exchange) or Office 365 :)
  • OakparktechOakparktech Member Posts: 64 ■■□□□□□□□□
    thank you for the reply
    rsutton wrote: »
    I occasionally store emails on the network - mainly emails that I know I will need to resend later. I have been doing it for years and have never experienced any problems.