Come work in my ITSOC group at Verizon!

JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,023 Admin
The Verizon IT Security Operations (ITSO) group in which I work is hiring a SOC analyst. The position is more on the junior end and actual SOC experience is not needed if you bring some complementary IT or security skills to the group.

This is one position that can be either in Irvine, CA or Temple Terrace, FL.

Irvine: Security Operations Center Analyst - Irvine, California - Verizon Careers
Temple Terrace: Security Operations Center Analyst - Temple Terrace, Florida - Verizon Careers

PM me is you have specific questions. This post will be removed one the position is filled.

JDMurray

Comments

• jamthatjamthat Member Posts: 304 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Aw man..I was literally just searching for infosec positions with Verizon in my area. You sure it can't be based out of Tulsa, OK? :D
  • JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,023 Admin
    I think Verizon may have a call center in OK, but I don't know what else. The site https://careers.verizon.com/ is the best place to find Vz jobs anywhere they are.
  • JoJoCal19JoJoCal19 Mod Posts: 2,835 Mod
    I live 10 minutes north of Temple Terrace and when I75 is backed up I go on a parallel side road and always pass the Verizon building. I would never have guessed they had a SOC there as I don't recall seeing InfoSec positions for Verizon posted in Tampa before.
    Have: CISSP, CISM, CISA, CRISC, eJPT, GCIA, GSEC, CCSP, CCSK, AWS CSAA, AWS CCP, OCI Foundations Associate, ITIL-F, MS Cyber Security - USF, BSBA - UF, MSISA - WGU
    Currently Working On: Python, OSCP Prep
    Next Up:​ OSCP
    Studying:​ Code Academy (Python), Bash Scripting, Virtual Hacking Lab Coursework
    There is a lot of network stuff in TT. Public job postings in networking might be a bit rare because such positions can be filled from within, and when people get in they usually stay for many years, so vacancies are rare too.
  • JveraJvera Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I applied for this position. Currently I work in the Open Systems Operations group at the Temple Terrace location, I actually just sit a few rows down from the ITSOC group, a really cool bunch of guys.

I joined Verizon as a college hire back in 2012, and have really enjoyed my time with the company so far. While my background has been on the Open Systems side, I have a large interest in network security, and am currently studying for my N+ and S+. Right now I feel that any experience I can get in the network security field would be excellent and provide the kind of fast paced and challenging work environment that I'm looking for.

- Jordan
    Verizon has another position open in my ITSOC group for either Irvine, CA or Temple Terrace, FL. Please apply by May 5, 2015.

https://careers.verizon.com/psc/vzehpra/EMPLOYEE/HRMS/c/B_RS_MENU.B_RS_JL.GBL?&css=vztmpl
    Use job ID 383309 in the keyword search.
  • NetworkNewbNetworkNewb Member Posts: 3,298 ■■■■■■■■■□
    My wife says she will move with me to one of those locations if the pay is $100k/year... I'm sure that is inline with this position? icon_cool.gif
    It's a low-mid-level position, so I think the starting rate is less than $100K, but I really don't know.

I'm really hoping we can fill this slot in the Irvine office where I am, but SoCal is a very expensive place to live, while FLA is cheaper and has no state income tax.
  • YFZbluYFZblu Member Posts: 1,462 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Great opportunity for people in that area or willing to move - Verizon would be an excellent place to come up in security.

Also, it's really cool of JDMurray to post the job posting here.
  • Mike-MikeMike-Mike Member Posts: 1,860
    Verizon is a great company to work for
    Currently Working On

CWTS, then WireShark
  • yellowpadyellowpad Member Posts: 192 ■■■□□□□□□□
    +1 Thanks JDMurray
    YFZblu wrote: »

Also, it's really cool of JDMurray to post the job posting here.
    Completed MSCIA f/ WGU~ CISSP 5-days boot camp scheduled :)
  • E Double UE Double U Member Posts: 2,228 ■■■■■■■■■■
    I've forwarded this to a few people. Thanks JD!
    Alphabet soup from (ISC)2, ISACA, GIAC, EC-Council, Microsoft, ITIL, Cisco, Scrum, CompTIA, AWS
  • siouxengineersiouxengineer Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I just applied for a position in Irvine,CA with the ITSO group, but its for Log Management! Thanks JD
  • tbhoustontbhouston Member Posts: 32 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I don't know much about this group, but I can confirm verizon is an awesome company. Challenging and always changing..your days will be filled with "adventure"
    A pentesting group at Verizon that I work with is looking for a "slightly more than entry level" person for their pentesting team. This is a great opportunity for very technical person with basic pentesting knowledge and skills to start their pentesting career. Certs are good to have, but are not necessary. The job location is at Irvine, CA, Bellevue, WA, Little Rock, AR, Irving, TX, or Warren, NJ.

You can find the job posting at https://careers.verizon.com by searching for the keyword 390906.
    I'm waking this thread up to inform people of the college internship program at Verizon. Job postings for 2020 position will appear around August-September of 2019.