how to mess with a network engineer

DeathmageDeathmage Banned Posts: 2,496
So my co-worker today while I was at lunch thought it would be cute to change the 'exec-timeout' to '0 3' and it was driving me nuts for 5 minutes until he saw my frustration and started balling out in laughter. I was like wtf is going on... and then he told me.

I was like rofl you a**!

Comments

• jamesleecolemanjamesleecoleman Member Posts: 1,899 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Put blue painters tape under the mouse so it'll cover the 'eye'. Did this at work for April fools. :)
    Booya!!
    WIP : | CISSP [2018] | CISA [2018] | CAPM [2018] | eCPPT [2018] | CRISC [2019] | TORFL (TRKI) B1 | Learning: | Russian | Farsi |
    *****You can fail a test a bunch of times but what matters is that if you fail to give up or not*****
  • DeathmageDeathmage Banned Posts: 2,496
    Put blue painters tape under the mouse so it'll cover the 'eye'. Did this at work for April fools. :)

Koodos, doing that in the morning before they arrive!
  • TechGuru80TechGuru80 Member Posts: 1,539 ■■■■■■□□□□
    It doesn't have to be painters tape...even clear tape works.
  • MooseboostMooseboost Member Posts: 778 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Yup, clear tape works like a charm. Or if they have a bluetooth mouse, plug the dongle into another PC and watch two confused co-workers. It also works if you have a bluetooth mouse and place your dongle in their computer. I've done that a couple of times. Puts a smile on my face every time.
  • H3||scr3amH3||scr3am Member Posts: 564 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Screenshot the desktop, replace wallpaper with screenshot, delete all icons/folders/etc. (place in safe place). Person has to leave desktop unlocked for this one, or you need to make sure you wouldn't get in trouble for using KONboot or something similar...
    H3||scr3am wrote: »
    Screenshot the desktop, replace wallpaper with screenshot, delete all icons/folders/etc. (place in safe place). Person has to leave desktop unlocked for this one, or you need to make sure you wouldn't get in trouble for using KONboot or something similar...

I did that back in 2007 to an entire MIS lab of 15 PC's. icon_wink.gif
  • MTciscoguyMTciscoguy Member Posts: 552
    Boy I bet you all are fun at a party!

icon_lol.gif
    Current Lab: 4 C2950 WS, 1 C2950G EI, 3 1841, 2 2503, Various Modules, Parts and Pieces. Dell Power Edge 1850, Dell Power Edge 1950.
  • snadamsnadam Member Posts: 2,234 ■■■■□□□□□□
    we had someone change the cursor image from the arrow to the "spinning blue wheel" on one guys computer (windows 8, I believe it was). So he basically thought something was going on with his laptop for hours.
    **** ARE FOR CHUMPS! Don't be a chump! Validate your material with certguard.com search engine

:study: Current 2015 Goals: JNCIP-SEC JNCIS-ENT CCNA-Security
  • cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    I made a remote registry edit to remap the 'Z' key to the number 6. Poor guy went through 3 keyboards and who know how many reboots.
  • tstrip007tstrip007 Member Posts: 308 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Four years ago we threw dry ice in the server room. Called our Director of IT and said we thought we smelled smoke coming from the server room. Watched him gopher pop his head out of his office on our security cameras. From their it was a full on panic sprint to the server room.
  • coreyb80coreyb80 Member Posts: 647 ■■■■■□□□□□
    This thread is hilarious.
    WGU BS - Network Operations and Security
    Completion Date: May 2021
  • MTciscoguyMTciscoguy Member Posts: 552
    When I worked at the Pentagon, we used to mess with the new guys by running the Nuclear simulation situation program on their terminals, they didn't know it was a simulation..
    Current Lab: 4 C2950 WS, 1 C2950G EI, 3 1841, 2 2503, Various Modules, Parts and Pieces. Dell Power Edge 1850, Dell Power Edge 1950.
  • NetworkNewbNetworkNewb Member Posts: 3,298 ■■■■■■■■■□
  • ImYourOnlyDJImYourOnlyDJ Member Posts: 180
    H3||scr3am wrote: »

Once you abuse this and the common flip screen upside down (CTRL + ALT + DOWN Arrow), do as above but flip the screenshot upside down before setting as background so it looks like you flipped his screen.
    MTciscoguy wrote: »
    When I worked at the Pentagon, we used to mess with the new guys by running the Nuclear simulation situation program on their terminals, they didn't know it was a simulation..

ooo man that top's the list. I would be like "**** my 1st day on the job and I'm ground zero for a nuke" crash.gifcrash.gifcrash.gif
    MTciscoguy wrote: »
    Boy I bet you all are fun at a party!

icon_lol.gif

Well at a party in college, there was this girl I liked but she was with this guy that night that had a 2006 Audi R8 and he loved it nearly as much as the girl.

Well I put a sensor on my friends dog that always walked around greeting people, everytime he got near the R8 the car alarm would go off. His R8 had a distinctive alarm and let me tell you, he would be all over this girl but when the alarm went off.... road-runner fast out the door... it was comical. Needless to say she didn't date him but I did date her the following week. icon_wink.gif