Server+ on 4/30/2015. Lets hope for the best

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Senior MemberPosts: 0 ■■□□□□□□□□
Hey guys so I am taking my Server+ on 4/30/2015 at my university's PearsonVUE center. I took it last time and got 723 icon_sad.gif I then took a break to do my CCNA R&S. Since that is done now, I am back in the certification mode mindset and have been hammering away at Trainsignal Server+ SK0-003 video training and the Johnathan Lau Server+ SK0-003 book. Watched about 6 videos today on Server+. I feel that since I passed my CCNA, this cert should not be a problem. However there is no guarantee. No practice tests for preparing for this exam just going based on the studying from the video training, flashcards and the book. If I pass I completed all my years goals within 5 months. I really hope I pass because my hometown doesn't have that many PearsonVUE centers open anymore since most shutdown due to costs and the time availability is not great since I will be working after I graduate. Lets hope for the best. 11 days to prepare. I think it can be done.

Comments

• H3||scr3amH3||scr3am Member Posts: 564 ■■■■□□□□□□
  • c0mptiac0mptia Member Posts: 149 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Hey guys so I am taking my Server+ on 4/30/2015 at my university's PearsonVUE center. I took it last time and got 723 icon_sad.gif I then took a break to do my CCNA R&S. Since that is done now, I am back in the certification mode mindset and have been hammering away at Trainsignal Server+ SK0-003 video training and the Johnathan Lau Server+ SK0-003 book. Watched about 6 videos today on Server+. I feel that since I passed my CCNA, this cert should not be a problem. However there is no guarantee. No practice tests for preparing for this exam just going based on the studying from the video training, flashcards and the book. If I pass I completed all my years goals within 5 months. I really hope I pass because my hometown doesn't have that many PearsonVUE centers open anymore since most shutdown due to costs and the time availability is not great since I will be working after I graduate. Lets hope for the best. 11 days to prepare. I think it can be done.
    Good Luck !!!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Senior Member Posts: 0 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Only 2 days and some hours until I find out if I passed or not. Man this is nervewrecking.
  • tmurphy3100tmurphy3100 Member Posts: 154 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I am taking my test on the 30th too. But I do not think we find out if we pass or not until the end of this year or even next year ! =(
    2020 Goals: CCNA R&S, Cysa+, AZ103, Linux+, Pentest+
  • sthomassthomas Member Posts: 1,240 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Unless you are taking a beta exam you will find out your score as soon as you finish the exam. I wouldn't worry too much guys the exam is not that hard you will do fine.
    Working on: MCSA 2012 R2
    I am not taking the beta exam. I am taking the SK0-003 exam. I took it once before and got 723. Sucked because I know the questions that messed me up.
    Well today is test day. In a few hours I will be in the testing center. Hope everything goes well. If I pass, all my cert goals are done for the year then I take a rest and get used to life in general after college.
  • tahjzhuantahjzhuan Member Posts: 288 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Best of luck! I'm supposed to take the Beta SK0-004 tomorrow.
    Thanks! Good luck to you also. The main thing I remember from when I took the 003 once before was knowing your RAID standards and the troubleshooting model steps.
    best of luck today :D
    Well I just got back and failed. This really sucks balls. I got 697. I got some questions that sucked like RAID questions and some vague questions. Lucky for me the voucher bundle I ordered came with a retake if I needed it. So not all is lost. Just wish I would have passed. Back to the drawing board and study some more. This was the 3rd time taking it which I don't understand how the hell I failed. I feel like crap that I failed. But I did pass my CCNA this month so I am not really pissed jut a bit. I have been using Trainsignal videos as my only resource. Does anyone know of any other good material for this exam? I can't seem to find anything for it.
    If anyone wants my last voucher feel free to PM me and I can sell it to you. The price I am asking for is $200.
    Sorry to hear that you didn't pass today. Seems you're coming really close though :D Hopefully next time you'll get it.

I used the Megaguide and passed it when it was on proctoru.
    https://www.google.ca/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0CCAQFjAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.hookedonhorsepower.com%2Fmegs%2FSK0003_Server_Plus_mega%2520guide.pdf&ei=xMlCVYuMF8mwyATj1oC4CQ&usg=AFQjCNGyXmekcS3gBBggR4PfsI3fZrYNZg&sig2=mdZ5K2RKCDMuUI0Iz4I5qg&bvm=bv.92189499,d.aWw

Hopefully that might help you :D

H3||scr3am
    Yeah it sucks balls but whatever whats done is done. I looked at this study guide already. I am just going to cut my losses with this cert. I really don't care about it as much as a I did before. I just hope I can sell this voucher and make some money and invest that towards my CCNP.
  • Rizzo84Rizzo84 Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hey buddy,
    Taking my server+ beta exam today @ 2pm eastern. I am also using pluralsight(trainsignal) to study for the exam, along with measureup labs. All I can say is try not to get discouraged and use many tools, dont relay on only one study source if possible. I used pluralsight with my security+ and blew the test out of the water. I did use about 3 different sources to study from though. Kudos on passing your ccna. I will go for my Linux+, then go for ccna. Good look on your next go around!
    Thanks man! I probably won't pursue Server+ anymore. It is just not worth the money anymore when I can prepare for my CCNP switch exam instead. I just took it because it was valid for life that is really the only reason why. It doesn't have a big ROI so I am not going to bother much with it anymore.