Accepted to DSU, set to begin in the fall

zxbanezxbane Member Posts: 740 ■■■■□□□□□□
Hey all,

I applied to and was accepted into Dakota State Universities MSIA program, I received my acceptance letter today. Pretty excited to begin after reading the positive reviews it has gotten on this forum and others. The program looks to be very interesting and cover a variety of topics. Is anyone currently enrolled in this program? I'll be beginning in the fall, hoping to knock out my PMP on May 18th and have some time off until beginning the MSIA.

Comments

• yellowpadyellowpad Member Posts: 192 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats!! What is the cost for online MS? What is the length of the class? How soon can one expect to finish the MSIA path?
    Completed MSCIA f/ WGU~ CISSP 5-days boot camp scheduled :)
  • GessGess Member Posts: 144 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats! I'm spending the next year readying myself to apply for their D.Sc in Cyber Security. Best of luck.
  • Khaos1911Khaos1911 Member Posts: 366
    BOOOOOOO! You're suppose to be at PSU with me, jerk!

Joking, congrats!
  • zxbanezxbane Member Posts: 740 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Sorry Khaos, I really was considering PSU but decided to go with DSU since their program is a M.S. rather than a MPS and I wasn't sure how that would be perceived, despite the fact that PSU has a great reputation! Plus I just keep hearing great things about DSU's program. Best of luck on applying for the DSc program Gess. The cost for the graduate program for online students is $431.25 per credit hour, as far as a timeline I believe for fulltime students it is 2 years however I will take slightly longer because I only plan to take one class per semester, so 3 courses a year, at least initially to get a feel for the workload. I am in no rush since I just graduated with my MBA in March and I want to maintain a good work/life balance now.
  • JoJoCal19JoJoCal19 Mod Posts: 2,835 Mod
    Congrats on getting in!!! I'll definitely check in with you on how you're liking DSU in general as their D.Sc is on my short list of degrees to pursue.
    Have: CISSP, CISM, CISA, CRISC, eJPT, GCIA, GSEC, CCSP, CCSK, AWS CSAA, AWS CCP, OCI Foundations Associate, ITIL-F, MS Cyber Security - USF, BSBA - UF, MSISA - WGU
    Currently Working On: Python, OSCP Prep
    Next Up:​ OSCP
    Studying:​ Code Academy (Python), Bash Scripting, Virtual Hacking Lab Coursework
  • NetworkNewbNetworkNewb Member Posts: 3,298 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Definitely keep us updated! I'm very interested in this program and debating on going there.

I talked with a rep from there and they said it was a little under $13,000 for the whole program. Not too bad.

Best of luck!
  • zxbanezxbane Member Posts: 740 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Thanks all! I will keep everyone updated, I am hoping to hear from others who are or have been through the program.