Options

CCNA Passed!!

Codeman6669Codeman6669 Member Posts: 227
Passed the ICND2 exam today!

Real happy about this, i used what feels like a ton of material my primary book was Todd Lammel CCNA ICND2

I believe they are re-writing the CCNP, so im going to do Security+ next, and start gearing more that way.

This forum has been a big help, glad to have the support team! lol

now.... im going to go buy Titan fall, and do nothing for a day

Comments

• Options
    MooseboostMooseboost Member Posts: 778 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass man!
  • Options
    IaHawkIaHawk Member Posts: 188 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass! I just started studying for the CCENT with Todd Lammel's book. What other study materials do you recommend?
  • Options
    BJ4ITBJ4IT Member Posts: 42 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I'd be interested in hearing about Lammels book. Currently im using INE's material in combination with Odoms OCG to help prepare me. Hoping the two of those will be enough.
    2015 Goals:
    CCENT
    CCNA
    CCNA Security
  • Options
    I used Lammel book for the N+ and only his book, and passed fine. SO i used his book for CCENT and packet tracer. Along with any free practice tests i could find online. Passed. Then i used his ICND2 book, with packet tracer, and again free online tests, and passed. I also used CBT nuggets. I cant emphasize enough how valuable their videos are.

I like the books, he applies some short real world story included in some of the chapters so it dosnt feel like your reading a manual. Straight to the point info too, and easy to read. I would definitively get packet tracer and don't rely on his simulation software alone. Its pretty limited. But the books are great, and it just focuses on what you need to know. I do highly suggest his books. Info is easily explained, ad he emphasizes on things you will have to know 100%, so you know what to be sure your good at.
  • Options
    Params7Params7 Member Posts: 254
    Congrats. Passed ICND2 last week as well. I found it to be a bit more challenging than ICND1, got stuck on some questions for more than 10 mins =/

Still passed with 850ish. I used the Cisco Press guide for ICND2. Pretty much that's it. Looked at a couple of videos on youtube for topics I felt I was weak in. Also practiced some labs on GNS3.
  • Options
    DrethylDrethyl Member Posts: 121 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Is passing for ICND2 840 or more? I know for ICND1 it's 804.
  • Options
    siggnationsiggnation Member Posts: 182
    Drethyl wrote: »
    Is passing for ICND2 840 or more? I know for ICND1 it's 804.

You need 825 or better to pass ICND2.
    Currently Reading:

CCIE Routing and Switching Written Exam v. 5.1
    CCIE Routing and Switching 5.0 OCG, Vol. I
    Cisco Lan Switching
  • Options
    DrethylDrethyl Member Posts: 121 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Thanks for the info Sig I must have missed it on the cisco site.
  • Options
    ssnyderu2ssnyderu2 Member Posts: 475 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats on getting you CCNA! icon_thumright.gif
    2019 Goals: 70-698, CCENT, MCSA 2016
    Certifications: A+, Network+, Security+, CIW Foundations and MTA OS Fundamentals
    Cisco Lab :3x Cisco 2811 Routers, 3x Cisco 3750 Switches and Cisco 2620 Router with NM-32A module
    Windows Lab: Dual CPU Hyper-V server with 12 Cores/24 Threads, 96GB RAM and 2TB HDD.
    CANCER SURVIVOR! In Remission Since September 2016!
  • Options
    orlandoflorlandofl Member Posts: 216 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass!! icon_thumright.gif I'll be jumping into the CCENT next week
    • Education: B.A. Criminal Justice - Thomas Edison State University
    • Education: Undergraduate Certificate in Microsoft Server Administration - St. Petersburg College
    • Currently Working On: MCSA - Windows 10
    • Planned Certifications for 2017: MCSE - Mobility
    • Connect With Me On LinkedIn:https://www.linkedin.com/in/travisebyrd
  • Options
    robby005robby005 Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
    congrats, good luck for security plus
  • Options
    Good luck and thanks everyone!
  • Options
    Params7 wrote: »
    Congrats. Passed ICND2 last week as well. I found it to be a bit more challenging than ICND1, got stuck on some questions for more than 10 mins =/

Still passed with 850ish. I used the Cisco Press guide for ICND2. Pretty much that's it. Looked at a couple of videos on youtube for topics I felt I was weak in. Also practiced some labs on GNS3.

My boss at work atually failed the ICND2 the first go at it. I actually found it easier then ICND1. Guess its all how you learn either way good job!
  • Options
    jekelljekell Member Posts: 9 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congratulations!! Also, thank you for the helpful information!
  • Options
    ccnpninjaccnpninja Member Posts: 1,010 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • Options
    gorebrushgorebrush Member Posts: 2,743 ■■■■■■■□□□
  • Options
    bharvey92bharvey92 Member Posts: 419
    Congrats.
    2018 Goal: CCIE Written [ ]