Options

Question about the network serial console

OfWolfAndManOfWolfAndMan Member Posts: 923 ■■■■□□□□□□
So for my CSR1000Vs (Cisco virtual routers) being run in ESXi, I had it set initially to enable network serial console, allowing me to input something in the syntax of [URL]telnet://192.168.1.15:2001[/URL], where the port number is the VM that I can remote into as if it were from the console. However, after putting in my license, I can no longer do this. I checked the security configuration and the "VM serial port connected over network" was still checked, as this was what I was supposed to enable to be able to remote successfully. Is there a certain license feature that is omitted from the base license that's preventing me to do this?
:study:Reading: Lab Books, Ansible Documentation, Python Cookbook 2018 Goals: More Ansible/Python work for Automation, IPSpace Automation Course [X], Build Jenkins Framework for Network Automation []

Comments

• Options
    :study:Reading: Lab Books, Ansible Documentation, Python Cookbook 2018 Goals: More Ansible/Python work for Automation, IPSpace Automation Course [X], Build Jenkins Framework for Network Automation []
  • Options
    DeathmageDeathmage Banned Posts: 2,496
    This might come in handy. Koodos! icon_thumright.gif
  • Options
    I was originally going to just create a management VRF on my CSRs but the home router doesn't like them, and I wouldn't be able to access them if I VPN'd in as my tunnel source address is not routable outside of directly connected interfaces. I may consider using something like Openvswitch or just use one of my switches to deal with it.
  • Options
    DeathmageDeathmage Banned Posts: 2,496
    I was originally going to just create a management VRF on my CSRs but the home router doesn't like them, and I wouldn't be able to access them if I VPN'd in as my tunnel source address is not routable outside of directly connected interfaces. I may consider using something like Openvswitch or just use one of my switches to deal with it.

My Sonicwall TZ 210 solved that problem for me. :)
  • Options
    Deathmage wrote: »
    My Sonicwall TZ 210 solved that problem for me. :)

I'm considering a Fortigate right now, as they're leader in the industry, between the 30D or 60D, when I have the money. Preferably the 60D, as it can act as a WLC or standalone, so expansion is possible (With the walls in my house, I'm starting to consider a couple APs with WLC/router in the house rather than one wireless router).