TVOICE (5/5) track

negru_tudornegru_tudor Member Posts: 473 ■■■□□□□□□□
Hi guys,

So I've initially wanted to schedule my CAPPS exam sometime this week but unfortunately the center's all booked until the 20th of May. Instead of waiting around until then, I've decided to get cracking on my TVOICE studies.

Depending on how studies go along (and work - might need to go abroad for a week or 2 on some projects), I might be looking at taking TVOICE somewhere in early or mid June.

CAPPS studies were OK (meaning that I labbed almost all the topics - except Unity Express since I don't have that module) but kind of boring and I kind of lost some of the motivation along the way. On the other, i have a feeling that TVOICE is the exact opposite & expect it to test my nerves, stamina, memory & knowledge gained so far..

Any advice from the CCNP:V vets around here on tackling TVOICE? I've read almost all the threads I could find on it but any additional advice never huts.

I will be updating this thread as I progress with my studies.
2017-2018 goals:
[X] CIPTV2 300-075
[ ] SIP School SSCA
[X] CCNP Switch 300-115 [X] CCNP Route 300-101 [X] CCNP Tshoot 300-135
[ ] LPIC1-101 [ ] LPIC1-102 (wishful thinking)

Comments

• shodownshodown Member Posts: 2,271
    I took Tvoice some time ago, if you have done all the other exams and work in voice on a daily bases, TVOICE is actually one of the easiest exams.
    Currently Reading

CUCM SRND 9x/10, UCCX SRND 10x, QOS SRND, SIP Trunking Guide, anything contact center related
  • negru_tudornegru_tudor Member Posts: 473 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Done the others (CAPPS still pending though) but don't really work with the tech on a daily basis at work; this might drag me down a little although I have been living on CUCM/gateways for the last 7 months (nearly on a day to day basis). The RTMT tool is something I consider one of my weakest spots (debugs and show commands I can live with) so I guess I'll try to spend more time with it.
    2017-2018 goals:
    [X] CIPTV2 300-075
    [ ] SIP School SSCA
    Well so far TVOICE studies seem to go much better/smoother than CAPPS did..or at least I'm enjoying it more anyway... Aside from RTMT/Traces/Logs/CUCM CLI, most of the troubleshooting presented is pretty much stuff that you'd already have bumped into when studying for CVOICE, CIPT1 and CIPT2. Good refresh of the knowledge gained in those 3 courses/exams.
    2017-2018 goals:
    [X] CIPTV2 300-075
    [ ] SIP School SSCA
  • ITDadITDad Member Posts: 17 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Negru_Tudor,

I highly recommend you to review "CAPPS Exam Topics" https://learningnetwork.cisco.com/community/certifications/ccvp/capps/exam-topics

I took this exam summer last year, and following the above CAPPS Exam Topics strategy helped me a lot

Thanks
    ITDad wrote: »
    Negru_Tudor,

I highly recommend you to review "CAPPS Exam Topics" https://learningnetwork.cisco.com/community/certifications/ccvp/capps/exam-topics

I took this exam summer last year, and following the above CAPPS Exam Topics strategy helped me a lot

Thanks

Thanks for this. It's not study material that I'm missing nor a topic approach strategy..it's just the material itself or maybe I am just feeling the fatigue but anyway.. I'll do my best to bag it.
    2017-2018 goals:
    [X] CIPTV2 300-075
    [ ] SIP School SSCA
    Funny enough, going through the TVOICE studies, I came across the Globalized Call Routing TSHOOT section (pages 3-192 to 3-216 in the TVOICE 8.0 Student Guide book) where these things are very WELL explained...if I would have known about this, it would have made CIPT2 studies a little bit easier :D
    2017-2018 goals:
    [X] CIPTV2 300-075
    [ ] SIP School SSCA
  • cisco_nerdcisco_nerd Member Posts: 198
    Funny enough, going through the TVOICE studies, I came across the Globalized Call Routing TSHOOT section (pages 3-192 to 3-216 in the TVOICE 8.0 Student Guide book) where these things are very WELL explained...if I would have known about this, it would have made CIPT2 studies a little bit easier :D

This will be handy to know when i get to CIPT2 study in a couple of weeks - thanks for sharing! :D
    Hi buddy,

Just wondering what resources you are using for your TVOICE study?

I have the INE videos and the TVOICE Quick Reference Guide from Cisco Press... anything else that would be helpful?

Im pretty comfortable with CME troubleshooting as thats been my job for the last few years, CUCM/CUP/CUC and CUE will be the bit i need more study on.

CHeers!
    cisco_nerd wrote: »
    Hi buddy,

Just wondering what resources you are using for your TVOICE study?

I have the INE videos and the TVOICE Quick Reference Guide from Cisco Press... anything else that would be helpful?

Im pretty comfortable with CME troubleshooting as thats been my job for the last few years, CUCM/CUP/CUC and CUE will be the bit i need more study on.

CHeers!

Hi there,

Check ouy my CAPPS thread (http://www.techexams.net/forums/ccnp-voice/109805-capps-4-5-track.html). I have some books of a guy who attended an official training course. Can't find these books anywhere on the net for purchase BUT I did ran onto somebody's blog where there's some scans of the exact books I'm using...they're VERY good. In addition to those I've used CBT Nuggets and the Foundation Learning Guides for CVOICE, CIPT1 and CIPT2, the Quick Reference and INE for CAPPS and TVOICE....and pretty much anything else I could find around the web..check out my posts for each of the exams (I've posted most of my sources and lab kit :D).

Best of luck!
    2017-2018 goals:
    [X] CIPTV2 300-075
    [ ] SIP School SSCA
    Hi there,

Check ouy my CAPPS thread (http://www.techexams.net/forums/ccnp-voice/109805-capps-4-5-track.html). I have some books of a guy who attended an official training course. Can't find these books anywhere on the net for purchase BUT I did ran onto somebody's blog where there's some scans of the exact books I'm using...they're VERY good. In addition to those I've used CBT Nuggets and the Foundation Learning Guides for CVOICE, CIPT1 and CIPT2, the Quick Reference and INE for CAPPS and TVOICE....and pretty much anything else I could find around the web..check out my posts for each of the exams (I've posted most of my sources and lab kit :D).

Best of luck!

Awesome - thanks mate! icon_thumright.gif
    Hi guys,

Right, so been studying on and off for this one lately and sat the exam today but I failed..yeap, first Cisco exam I've ever failed... scored a 747/1000 with a passing score of 797..so close..

This one's a b!tch. I got a fair set of really stupid questions that looked to be ripped straight out of some sales brochue..the ones that were technically on topic were tough..prepare to get thoroughly tested even on the things that you think you don't really need to know by heart..

Gonna take some time off from it to cool down..Will post back if / when I go for it again.
    2017-2018 goals:
    [X] CIPTV2 300-075
    [ ] SIP School SSCA
  • ITDadITDad Member Posts: 17 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I am so sorry to hear that bro. Hate nonsense questions, Microsoft is famous doing that kind of stupid questionsicon_sad.gif

Take as an experience and don't take too long vocation...icon_smile.gif

Thanks
  • shodownshodown Member Posts: 2,271
    Hi guys,

Right, so been studying on and off for this one lately and sat the exam today but I failed..yeap, first Cisco exam I've ever failed... scored a 747/1000 with a passing score of 797..so close..

This one's a b!tch. I got a fair set of really stupid questions that looked to be ripped straight out of some sales brochue..the ones that were technically on topic were tough..prepare to get thoroughly tested even on the things that you think you don't really need to know by heart..

Gonna take some time off from it to cool down..Will post back if / when I go for it again.

Tough break. Check out the SRND and troubleshooting cisco IP telephony book. Some of the questions are word for word out of there. Its almost like having a legal ****
    Currently Reading

CUCM SRND 9x/10, UCCX SRND 10x, QOS SRND, SIP Trunking Guide, anything contact center related
  • Alex90Alex90 Member Posts: 289
    Hi guys,

Hey mate. Sorry to hear you you didn't bag this one mate icon_sad.gif

Don't be disheartened, you've still got 4 months to pass this one. Have a week off, regroup and then smash it!

You've done well to get to this stage in such a short period of time, remember that when times get hard.

Good luck!!
    Thanks guys. Been feeling a bit down about it but I'll get back in the saddle soon..hopefully with a bit of luck I'll manage to bag it next time around. It surely is way rougher than the other ones.
    2017-2018 goals:
    [X] CIPTV2 300-075
    [ ] SIP School SSCA
    Thanks guys. Been feeling a bit down about it but I'll get back in the saddle soon..hopefully with a bit of luck I'll manage to bag it next time around. It surely is way rougher than the other ones.
    you will get it next time around mate - nice work so far! you are smashing these tests out!
  • niterid3rniterid3r Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Passed my CAPPS today -
    TVOICE to go..any good book or guide to recomment for TVOICE

This one shouldnt be hard as I prepared for this in the past but then chose to give CAPPS first.
    Troubleshooting Cisco IPT would be a good shout.
    @niterid3r: Congrats on the Pass! :D The book / doc Alex recommended is pretty good. Also check my CAPPS thread. There's some stuff there that's really helpful.

So after my last attempt at the TVOICE beast I decided I take some time off (which I did) - 2 weeks break from work and just left the force flow through me :P - so am now scheduled to sit the exam again on the 7th of August (this Friday). I've kinda managed to get over my grief and am now going over my notes again along with scouring the books for dirty little CUCM & gateway secrets! ...one more push...
    2017-2018 goals:
    [X] CIPTV2 300-075
    [ ] SIP School SSCA
    So guys, I did it :D passed it on my 2nd attempt. I still think it was the toughest of the lot. It would have been probably better to jump straight into TVOICE after CIPT2 rather than CAPPS. I did get some questions which mentioned the apps but they were CUCM questions "in disguise" :P.

Thanks for all the support here guys and all the best to anybody else who's still running the last mile!
    2017-2018 goals:
    [X] CIPTV2 300-075
    [ ] SIP School SSCA
    So guys, I did it :D passed it on my 2nd attempt. I still think it was the toughest of the lot. It would have been probably better to jump straight into TVOICE after CIPT2 rather than CAPPS. I did get some questions which mentioned the apps but they were CUCM questions "in disguise" :P.

Thanks for all the support here guys and all the best to anybody else who's still running the last mile!

Well done mate! Updates those certs on your profile!
    Alex90 wrote: »
    Well done mate! Updates those certs on your profile!

Thanks Alex! ..now it's time slow down on the studies & use some of that spare time for human-being things :D...been doing this nearly non-stop for about 5 years now so time to take a breather :)

Good luck to you as well! How far along in your studies / certs are you now?
    2017-2018 goals:
    [X] CIPTV2 300-075
    [ ] SIP School SSCA