Which is the best among this TWO.

tai chitai chi Member Posts: 19 ■□□□□□□□□□
guys please can you help out on this one, Syngress book and sybex book for the 70-290 exam which would you recommend i need to get one i have got the ms press already.

thanks

Comments

• royalroyal Member Posts: 3,352 ■■■■□□□□□□
    My main 70-290 book was MSPress. I also used the Sybex book here and there for topics that I wanted a bit more understanding or a second view of the topic. I found the Sybex to be pretty good at doing that. That added with CBT Nuggets and Technet is the best way to go imo. I haven't tried Testout though. Hope this helps. :)
    “For success, attitude is equally as important as ability.” - Harry F. Banks
  • SpurSpur Member Posts: 95 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I've got both the MS book and the Sybex book. I think the Sybex book covers Terminal Services a little better than the MS book. It also has greater coverage on system recovery, but I don't think that is very useful if u already got the 270-exam as this is pretty much the same. I think I would do without the Sybex book, but I like to think that if u get the materials presented in different manners they will memorize easier instead of reading just one book multiple times.
  • eurotrasheurotrash Member Posts: 817
    I recommend the Syngress book.
    witty comment
  • CessationCessation Member Posts: 326
    _omni_ wrote:
    I recommend the Syngress book.

What he said. Im actually half way done with it as we speak.
    I think its great.

Cess
    A+, MCP(270,290), CCNA 2008.
    Working back on my CCNA and then possibly CCNP.
  • BreadfanBreadfan Member Posts: 282 ■■■□□□□□□□
    ISBN# 1932266607

It's listed on Syngress.com for $9.00....

If you guys think this is great in addition to the MS Press book then for for $9 it's a great deal. (the 70-270 book is WAYYY outdated though)

Thanks icon_lol.gif
    Mark Twain

“If I cannot drink Bourbon and smoke cigars in Heaven than I shall not go.

• Vogon PoetVogon Poet Member Posts: 291
    I used both (more Syngress than Sybex).
    Syngress gives you more detail on the use of command line. I guess that's why I like it better. But it does not discuss SUS, licensing management, or baseline security analyzer.
    Memorize one and use the other for supplementary info.
    No matter how paranoid you are, you're not paranoid enough.
  • garv221garv221 Member Posts: 1,914
    I recommend the Exam Cram2 book. Pretty slim book that let me cruise through the exam.

0789729466.01._AA240_SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg
  • BreadfanBreadfan Member Posts: 282 ■■■□□□□□□□
    from the August $9 sale and got it for $13 total including shipping (couldnt pass it up)

It comes with a downloadable PDF to boot!!

The book looks like it goes in depth and covers all of the exam topics (except WSUS since it was published in 2003). I am hoping that pairing this with the MS Press book I will covered.

Thanks all for suggesting the book...

For $9 go get before August ends icon_cool.gif
    Mark Twain

“If I cannot drink Bourbon and smoke cigars in Heaven than I shall not go.