should i take the 005 or 006 in august?

detroitwillfalldetroitwillfall Member Posts: 85 ■■■□□□□□□□
so im almost half way through my network+ class, we were told we could wait to take the 006 in august (we get done with chapter 12 in june) or just take the 005.

i have the comtia 006 exam objectives, professor messer's 006 course notes so i have as much as i can have before the exam cram 006 book comes out in june.

my question is, will i not learn the 006 differentiated objectives when i take sec+?

if so i dont see a point in passing 006 unless its comparable in difficulty to the 005.

thanks!

Comments

• ssnyderu2ssnyderu2 Member Posts: 475 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Are you halfway through prepping for the 005? If so, can you be ready for the exam in August? If yes to both of those then take the 005 exam.
    2019 Goals: 70-698, CCENT, MCSA 2016
    Certifications: A+, Network+, Security+, CIW Foundations and MTA OS Fundamentals
    Cisco Lab :3x Cisco 2811 Routers, 3x Cisco 3750 Switches and Cisco 2620 Router with NM-32A module
    Windows Lab: Dual CPU Hyper-V server with 12 Cores/24 Threads, 96GB RAM and 2TB HDD.
    CANCER SURVIVOR! In Remission Since September 2016!
  • detroitwillfalldetroitwillfall Member Posts: 85 ■■■□□□□□□□
    ssnyderu2 wrote: »
    Are you halfway through prepping for the 005? If so, can you be ready for the exam in August? If yes to both of those then take the 005 exam.

i think were taking it sometime in june icon_rolleyes.gif im using testouts network+, wiley introduction to networking with network+ ebook, and i have professor messer/cbt nuggets video collection on n10-005.

i found this huge flashcard collection on quizlet, https://quizlet.com/61054901/comptia-network-n10-005-all-in-one-flash-cards/

you think these will suffice maybe along with some practice exams?
  • Phileeeeeeep651Phileeeeeeep651 Member Posts: 179 ■■■□□□□□□□
    That should be more than enough! I thought the testout material was enough for me.
    Working on: CCNP Switch
  • detroitwillfalldetroitwillfall Member Posts: 85 ■■■□□□□□□□
    That should be more than enough! I thought the testout material was enough for me.

cool, im just going to use testout, and the flashcards i think. that and a few practice exams.

appreciate!!
  • Phileeeeeeep651Phileeeeeeep651 Member Posts: 179 ■■■□□□□□□□
    No problem! Definitely use other resources if you're having trouble grasping some concepts but overall I thought the testout videos and practice exam was pretty close.
    Working on: CCNP Switch