CEH study materials

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Senior MemberPosts: 0 ■■□□□□□□□□
So I decided to go and pursue my C|EH certification come 2016 to renew my Security+ from CompTIA. I feel I would gain more benefit from that then doing some video training for CISSP and attending webinars. I am going to be using the iLearn method which includes the lectures, labs, etc. and includes a voucher for the certification exam. I would also be purchasing the exam prep (boson practice exams) and the CEH toolkit which would come to around $2100. Overall for a certification and self study (I don't want to risk the chance of a $100 application fee and lose the money because of the lack of experience). Overall, has anyone who took and passed C|EH used the iLearn method with nothing else and passed successfully? Does anyone have experience with InfoSec's online hacker training? Also, is it recommended to purchase the C|EH toolkit or not. Thanks guys!

Comments

• qasimchadharqasimchadhar Member Posts: 17 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I'm just gonna use Kali Linux (Free) instead of purchasing the toolkit. From what I understand, iLearn self-paced package includes lab access. So unless you are doing self-study package, you shouldn't need to spend more money on toolkit.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Senior Member Posts: 0 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Well I just got approval from EC-Council to self study for my CEH certification exam! Just saved myself a crap load of money.
  • OM602OM602 Member Posts: 56 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Well done. It's perfectly possible to prepare yourself well without the ECCouncil provided material
    The world chico, and everything in it
  • RyujiYamazaki0r0chiRyujiYamazaki0r0chi Member Posts: 8 ■□□□□□□□□□
    That approval went fast. Just in one day? Did they contact your Supervisor/Manager as well?
    Thanks guys! I don't have any real "work experience" just my certifications and my up and coming college degree! I sent in the form 2 days ago and I just got an email with them asking for my certifications for verification. I sent them the verification and I got an email the same day saying I am eligible to purchase a voucher for the C|EH! It was a risk spending the $100 but worth it. I still have to save up $500 for the test however. I have a test environment setup with the following:

1 Backbox linux
    1 Kali Linux
    2 Windows 10 previews
    2 Debian linux distros
    1 Windows server 2012 R2

I still have to purchase a decent book for the exam. Does anyone know of a good book for the C|EH maybe like a Darril Gibson type of book (3rd party but reliable)? I look on Amazon and saw the McGrawHill and Sybex books but nothing else that had a high Amazon rating. If anyone can find a decent book on B&N that would be awesome because I have $100 to spend there from gift cards!
    [h=1]CEH Certified Ethical Hacker All-in-One Exam Guide - Matt Walker[/h][h=1]CEH: Certified Ethical Hacker Version 8 Study Guide - Sean Phillip Oriyano[/h]
    CEH Certified Ethical Hacker All-in-One Exam Guide - Matt Walker

CEH: Certified Ethical Hacker Version 8 Study Guide - Sean Phillip Oriyano

Those are the exact guides I am talking about. Is there anything else that is out there for this certification exam?
    VTC Videos
    CBTnuggets videos
    Cybary and Skillset (This is what i got from looking at previous posts)
    I just sent my application in yesterday. I already started studying but forgot to apply.
  • CyberSecurityCyberSecurity Member Posts: 85 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Awesome little thread. I'm going to start pursuing it as well.

How long does it typically take from start to finish? Few months?
    Ph.D. IT [UC] - 50% complete
    M.S.C.I.A. [WGU] - Completed 6/2018
    B.S.I.T.M. [WGU] - Completed 4/2017