CIPT1 Scheduled

Alex90Alex90 Member Posts: 289
Hi Guys,

Booked CIPT1 today, my exam will be on the 7th May :) I had originally intended to do CAPPS first but I just think that given my CUCM experience CIPT1 will be the best exam for me to start with.

With the CCNP Voice being retired in Q4 of this year my study plan is going to be pretty busy. I will see how I get on with CIPT1 before making a choice on which exams to take next but ideally I would like to get do to the exams in this order;

CIPT1, CIPT2, CVOICE, CAPPS, TVOICE

It's going to be hard but I like a challenge icon_study.gif

Comments

• negru_tudornegru_tudor Member Posts: 473 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Alex90 wrote: »
    Hi Guys,

Booked CIPT1 today, my exam will be on the 7th May :) I had originally intended to do CAPPS first but I just think that given my CUCM experience CIPT1 will be the best exam for me to start with.

With the CCNP Voice being retired in Q4 of this year my study plan is going to be pretty busy. I will see how I get on with CIPT1 before making a choice on which exams to take next but ideally I would like to get do to the exams in this order;

CIPT1, CIPT2, CVOICE, CAPPS, TVOICE

It's going to be hard but I like a challenge icon_study.gif

Good luck with the studies Alex! Bring home a win!
    2017-2018 goals:
    [X] CIPTV2 300-075
    [ ] SIP School SSCA
    [X] CCNP Switch 300-115 [X] CCNP Route 300-101 [X] CCNP Tshoot 300-135
    [ ] LPIC1-101 [ ] LPIC1-102 (wishful thinking)
  • Alex90Alex90 Member Posts: 289
    Thanks mate! I'm about 1/4 of my way through the book and Jeremy's CBT's and so far it's really enjoyable! I'm finding that some of this stuff I can use in my day to day role at work (on top of the things I already do) and that makes it all the more rewarding!
    Thanks mate! I'm about 1/4 of my way through the book and Jeremy's CBT's and so far it's really enjoyable! I'm finding that some of this stuff I can use in my day to day role at work (on top of the things I already do) and that makes it all the more rewarding!

Yeap, CIPT1 was a nice read/practice. A lot of hands-on stuff and most of the things you learn are the really cool. CIPT2 was a lot of cool stuff as well and the Globalization/Localization thingy really makes huge dialplans easier to manage.

..and then there's CAPPS...I don't know why (could be I'm just getting anxious though) but I don't like this one one bit..I find it quite the grind to just memorize abbreviations for a lot of stupid frameworks and what not...although that's what UC kinda boils down to nowadays. CIPT1, CIPT2 and CVOICE had their share of crunch but you could see where they were going and most of the theory had its place in the implementation picture...CAPPS just feels like "here's 3000 pages of theory about how it works, then here's the 5 pages you need to know to get it working"..
    2017-2018 goals:
    [X] CIPTV2 300-075
    [ ] SIP School SSCA
  • cisco_nerdcisco_nerd Member Posts: 198
    Good luck Alex!

Any reason why you are doing CIPT first over CVOICE?
  • ccnpninjaccnpninja Member Posts: 1,010 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • Alex90Alex90 Member Posts: 289
    cisco_nerd wrote: »
    Good luck Alex!

Any reason why you are doing CIPT first over CVOICE?

Cheers guys! CIPT1 will probably be easier for me to get through as the bulk of my day to day work is with CUCM, that's why I'm going with it first. If I can get this one done fairly quickly it gives me more time to focus on the areas I have less experience with.

How's the CCIE study going?
    Cheers guys! CIPT1 will probably be easier for me to get through as the bulk of my day to day work is with CUCM, that's why I'm going with it first. If I can get this one done fairly quickly it gives me more time to focus on the areas I have less experience with.

How's the CCIE study going?

Getting there! I am sitting all the voice exams along the way to validate each stage of learning to make sure i'm on the right path... I have been doing voice for quite some time now (approx 6 years but never been voice certified) so i'm hoping to have the CCNP Voice track done by come October. Pretty tight, but i'm confident I can make it.

I have NA Voice next week, then in 5 weeks time (once i finish my current voice implementation cutover - no time to take exams) ill do CIPT 1 and 2 together... then onto CAPPS -> CVOICE and finish with TVOICE.

Then next year I will aim to sit the CIPTV2 and get NP Collab aswell.. then it will be time to do written IE written this time next year if all goes well icon_cheers.gif
    How did your exam go???? Hope it went well for you buddy!
    Hi Alex. How was CIPT1? PASS??
    2017-2018 goals:
    [X] CIPTV2 300-075
    [ ] SIP School SSCA