Options

CISM Registration Fee and Exam Fee

RimmiRimmi Member Posts: 22 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi,

I plan to register for the Sept Exam and noticed that Annual Maintenance Fee are as follows:
ISACA members: US $45
ISACA nonmembers: US $85

Online Exam Registration Discount ($75.00)
CISM Exam Registration Fee $700.00
Total Cost is USD 625

1) I would like to confirm that ISACA Members cost USD 45 or they are other additional cost?
2) By Being a member, how do I enjoy discount taking the exam? If yes, how much is the exam fee.

3) Any other cost that I need to know

Thank you

Comments

• Options
    salvianosalviano Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Sadly ISACA is not entirely forth coming with all of their fees and maintenance costs. The $45 for members is your anual certification maintenance fee. There is also the annual membership cost of $135 and your local chapter fee.

You do get some discounts on exams, study materials, and events. For example you CISM exam cost would receive an additional $185 discount.

Membership fees: How IT Professionals can Join ISACA
  • Options
    Just to clarify further, for first time membership registration, I will need to pay USD 135 which will include local chapters, is my understanding correct?

The annual maintenance isUSD 45 and l will need to pay after 1 Jan2016 since if I subscribe now, it is valid through 31Dec2015?
  • Options
    wd40wd40 Member Posts: 1,017 ■■■■□□□□□□
    No.

If you are in Austria for example and would like to join ISACA.
    New user registration (online) 10 $
    International Dues 135 $
    Chapter Dues 45 $

So Total is 10 + 135 + 45 = 190 US$

Next year you will have to pay 180 $ because you are an existing user.

For being a member you get the discounted prices for exam registration, Books and maintenance fees.

When you become Certified (CISM in your case) after passing the exam and getting your application approved you have to pay the annual maintenance fees.

If you are a member and paid the 190$ or 180$ membership fees you have to pay 45$ only.

If you are not a remember you have to pay 85$.

You do not need to be a member to be certified, and you don't need to be certified to become a member.
  • Options
    riyanriyan Member Posts: 161 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I highly recommend to keep your ISACA membership even after passing and getting certified. If you keep your membership over the year, it will pass through various stages bronze, silver etc.
    wd40 wrote: »
    No.

International Dues 135 $
    Chapter Dues 45 $

Next year you will have to pay 180 $ because you are an existing user.

For being a member you get the discounted prices for exam registration, Books and maintenance fees.

When you become Certified (CISM in your case) after passing the exam and getting your application approved you have to pay the annual maintenance fees.

If you are a member and paid the 190$ or 180$ membership fees you have to pay 45$ only.

If you are not a remember you have to pay 85$.

You do not need to be a member to be certified, and you don't need to be certified to become a member.
  • Options
    International Dues 135 $
    Chapter Dues 45 $

Is Chapter Due mandatory ($45) to pay and why do we need to pay?
  • Options
    International Dues 135 $
    Chapter Dues 45 $

Is local chapter due fee Mandatory? Which means that
  • Options
    wd40wd40 Member Posts: 1,017 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Look in the table .. chapter dues depend on your location.
    How IT Professionals can Join ISACA

Yes local chapter dues are mandatory, Your local chapter should arrange for several events / seminars through the year which will give you CPE hours and food :D ..

As riyan said, if you want to become ISACA certified keeping your membership active is a good thing.

There is no why, you must pay the local chapter dues if you want to be an ISACA member.
  • Options
    Hi,

where can I find the annual membership fee?
  • Options
    riyanriyan Member Posts: 161 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Rimmi wrote: »
    Hi,

where can I find the annual membership fee?

You need to login to ISACA website and click on the membership tabs. This will start the membership enrollment form.