MCSE Communications/Lync 70-336 & 70-337

UpStart TechUpStart Tech Member Posts: 9 ■□□□□□□□□□
I don't see any discussion here of the tests for MCSE Communications/Lync certification over exams 70-336 and 337. Wanted to start a thread and see if any one else was studying or taking these exams.

On a whim, I took each exam to get an idea of what was on each one. Almost passed 336, failed 337 pretty hard. 337 covered a lot of topics I was not familiar with, CAC, creating network regions/sites, E-911.

336 was not too bad considering how little studying I did. If you have any experience with any versions Lync you should be able to pass this exam.

Feel free to post study notes or tips if you have taken these exams.

Comments

• ms01akms01ak Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I've been working hard on getting prepared for the 70-337 (passed the 70-336). I'm not a lync admin, but I do run o365 environment. I'm finding the following help ful

MS virtual Labs for lync (especially the UM lab)
    TechNet articles
    Plurial Sight lync 2013 videos
    MS jumpstart for lync2013
  • UpStart TechUpStart Tech Member Posts: 9 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I was at Ignite this week and passed the 336 for half price! Improved my score much over the previous attempt. My weak areas were configuring DNS records, Edge configuration (ports, etc). On to 337, lots of features that I currently do not use/support such as CAC, regions/sites, and persistent chat.
  • UpStart TechUpStart Tech Member Posts: 9 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Microsoft just announced the retirement of the Lync Exams 70-336 & 70-337 this summer, possibly July. This is in preparation for the Skype for Business exams being published.

https://borntolearn.mslearn.net/b/weblog/archive/2015/05/15/why-are-the-microsoft-lync-2013-exams-retiring

Looks like I need to step up my studying for the 70-337. I just passed 70-336 while at Ignite last week (half price no less). Anyone else caught halfway through their certification?
  • powerfoolpowerfool Member Posts: 1,665 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I am working on my 336 exam right now. I am also not a Lync guy, already I am very heavy into Exchange and Exchange Online... and have only dipped my toes into Lync/SfB Online. Unfortunately, the SfB exams are only just about to be ready for beta, so I am sticking with the Lync exams right now because of my development plan at work. My hope is that we will be able to upgrade certification via MS Virtual Academy, which seems to be the new trend.
    2024 Renew: [ ] AZ-204 [ ] AZ-305 [ ] AZ-400 [ ] AZ-500 [ ] Vault Assoc.
    2024 New: [X] AWS SAP [ ] CKA [ ] Terraform Auth/Ops Pro