A+ Changes - Advice Needed

xenatexenate Member Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi

A few questions are racing through my head at the minute about these new changes. At the moment I'm studying for the 2003 objectives and I am fairly close to taking my first exam (Hardware).

I believe I'm quite lucky as I have until March 2007 to take the tests as I live in the UK, but when the 2006 objectives come out in perhaps a months time, will the 2003 test price shoot up to match it or not. At the moment mine will be £105 but will it go up or will it be £105 until March 2007 when the exam ends.

Also does anyone know if they add on extra costs when you go to book it like... £105 test + £25 booking fee + £10 registration etc making the price much more than the original.

Thanks in advance :)

Comments

• bighornsheepbighornsheep Member Posts: 1,506
    there's not going to be any changes to the 2003 objectives, fees, validity as far as I understand.

And I believe the date of March 07 is a tentative date, meaning you will have until AT LEAST that....and probably even later. CompTIA themselves says that candidates working on their A+ should continue with their studying and to take the exams.

So with that said....nothing to worry about.
    Jack of all trades, master of none
  • xenatexenate Member Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thanks for that information bighornsheep, I appreciate it.

It would be pretty unfair if they did raise the prices of the 2003 exams just to match the new 2006 prices. I certainly hope they do stick with the current price.