Best Way to get CPEs for ISACA

SawedoffSawedoff Member Posts: 13 ■□□□□□□□□□
I'm a bit slow on gaining CPEs as I spend most of my time working in the field rather than completing tasks which comply with the CPE guidelines. I feel like I'm going to go out of my way and take a week-long class just to get the time down.

What are your best ways of gaining CPEs that not only give you the credit, but are also worth the time of earning them? As in, you actually learned something from it?

Comments

• cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    I don't have any ISACA certs but looking at this it seems most of these would apply. I'm sure you can find some good stuff there.
  • TeKniquesTeKniques Member Posts: 1,262 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Doing the webinars they offer is a good start. Being in VA I'm sure there are some conferences you could attend as well.
  • SawedoffSawedoff Member Posts: 13 ■□□□□□□□□□
    cyberguypr wrote: »
    I don't have any ISACA certs but looking at this it seems most of these would apply. I'm sure you can find some good stuff there.

Thanks for the list, I will have to dig through it. icon_cool.gif
    TeKniques wrote: »
    Doing the webinars they offer is a good start. Being in VA I'm sure there are some conferences you could attend as well.

There are. Location is convenient, but time is not. I've tried to get into 3 of the webinars and each time work overwhelmed and I couldn't break away. Most of the conferences are during work hours, and are usually not feasible.
  • SawedoffSawedoff Member Posts: 13 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thanks for the list cyberguypr. I will have to dig through them.

I've tried getting into 3 of the webinars so far, but work always finds a way to keep me from attending them.