Passed SY0-401

HypnotyzemindsHypnotyzeminds Registered Users Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
Passed the Security+ today with a 854. It seems like i got the easiest combination of questions possible. Only 5 sims and about two questions on cryptography, which was my weakest subject. I used CBT Nuggets, CertMaster, and skimmed the Sybex book. Now time to start preparing for the CCENT.

Comments

• guy9guy9 Banned Posts: 59 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I see nobody sent congrags your way so here you go..Congratulations!
  • H3||scr3amH3||scr3am Member Posts: 564 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats on passing the Sec+!
  • tmcgtmcg Banned Posts: 127
    Congrats on passing Security+ How long did you study?
  • m1xaylom1xaylo Member Posts: 59 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats and good luck with CCNT!
  • manjirsen@gmail.commanjirsen@gmail.com Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats on clearing the exam. I also want to take this certification exam I am a bit confused on which book I should use for self-study. The popular choice seems to be by Darril Gibson Get Certified Get Ahead, but I a have also come across concise https://concise.talentlms.com/catalog/info/id:143. But I do not understand whether this is authorized?
  • TongyTongy Member Posts: 234
    GCGA is pretty much the standard text from what I see here and the only book I bought to get me through it.
  • tt3000gttt3000gt Member Posts: 21 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Can you please elaborate more on what the sims consist of?

I just finished Darril Gibson's text book and noticed no simulation questions or performance based questions. All the practice exams online have been just multiple choice questions.
  • Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Passed!!
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • ryanw4130ryanw4130 Member Posts: 18 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass! I passed my Sec+ just about 2 months ago. Starting to study for the CCENT as well. icon_study.gif
  • c0mptiac0mptia Member Posts: 149 ■■■□□□□□□□
    NICE !!! Congrats!
  • orlandoflorlandofl Member Posts: 216 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats on passing Security+!! icon_thumright.gif
    • Education: B.A. Criminal Justice - Thomas Edison State University
    • Education: Undergraduate Certificate in Microsoft Server Administration - St. Petersburg College
    • Currently Working On: MCSA - Windows 10
    • Planned Certifications for 2017: MCSE - Mobility
    • Connect With Me On LinkedIn:https://www.linkedin.com/in/travisebyrd
  • DAVIS NGUYENDAVIS NGUYEN Member Posts: 1,472 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • greg9891greg9891 Member Posts: 1,189 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Congrats On the pass. Im Studying for my Security + as well any tips.

Studying: Security +
    Upcoming: VCA-DCV, A+,MCSA SERVER 2012, ITIL FOUNDATIONS
    :
    Upcoming Certs: VCA-DCV 7.0, VCP-DCV 7.0, Oracle Database 1Z0-071, PMP, Server +, CCNP

Proverbs 6:6-11Go to the ant, you sluggard! Consider her ways and be wise, Which, having no captain, Overseer or ruler, Provides her supplies in the summer, And gathers her food in the harvest. How long will you slumber, O sluggard?
    When will you rise from your sleep? A little sleep, a little slumber, A little folding of the hands to sleep, So shall your poverty come on you like a prowler And your need like an armed man.
  • ccnpninjaccnpninja Member Posts: 1,010 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • TongyTongy Member Posts: 234
    Darril Gibsons - Get Certified, Get Ahead Security+ SY0-401 book.