Only 7,000 left to pay of my MBA (WGU)

N2ITN2IT Inactive Imported Users Posts: 7,483 ■■■■■■■■■■
It took me over 20 years to payoff my bachelors now I am almost done paying of my MBA from WGU. The financial freedom is great, I am so happy that my loan payoff is at 7 now.

Anyone else close to paying off their loans with WGU?

Totally worth the money.

Comments

• kohr-ahkohr-ah Member Posts: 1,277
    Not with WGU but I will have my Associates Paid off this year then I can start my Bachelors :D
  • N2ITN2IT Inactive Imported Users Posts: 7,483 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Hey that's still something to be excited about!
  • dave330idave330i Member Posts: 2,091 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Never had a loan for my bachelors. It makes life easier when you join the workforce.
    2018 Certification Goals: Maybe VMware Sales Cert
    "Simplify, then add lightness" -Colin Chapman
    Well technical never did I, my parents paid, but I always felt guilty so when it was off the books I was excited. I no longer felt like a mooch!

With the higher interest rate on a masters it makes it a little more painful. It will be nice to get this amount paid for. Car payment only has 2 more years as well!
  • the_Grinchthe_Grinch Member Posts: 4,165 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Congrats!! Still got another 15 years on my loans....don't know what to do with myself once I get them paid off!
    WIP:
    PHP
    Kotlin
    Intro to Discrete Math
    Programming Languages
    Work stuff
  • wd40wd40 Member Posts: 1,017 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I feel lucky to be living here, the most expensive degree in the country is an MBA from DePaul (Through local provider) and it costs ~36,000 US$ . That will be a 7 years loan (Max tenure for personal Loans) .. if you can't afford the monthly payments over 7 years you will not be able to study there .. end of story.

as a note, you need to be management level in a good company to have a yearly income of 36,000 US$

My bachelor with the Open University costs ~ 14,000 US$ but spread over 4 years it is affordable.
  • kurosaki00kurosaki00 Member Posts: 973
    Still got like 20 yrs left for my student loans but my car is done next yr!
    meh
    Hey the car is a big win!
  • dave330idave330i Member Posts: 2,091 ■■■■■■■■■■
    N2IT wrote: »
    Well technical never did I, my parents paid, but I always felt guilty so when it was off the books I was excited. I no longer felt like a mooch!

With the higher interest rate on a masters it makes it a little more painful. It will be nice to get this amount paid for. Car payment only has 2 more years as well!

There was a grant you could get from your congressman, Pell grant & part-time work as CAD jockey.
    2018 Certification Goals: Maybe VMware Sales Cert
    "Simplify, then add lightness" -Colin Chapman
  • TylerBarrettTylerBarrett Member Posts: 38 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Not a Masters or Bachelors, but I've paid off $15k in student loans in just under 3 years. Got another 2 years left on the car, and 10 years left on the rest of the student loans. Slowly but surely they're coming down.
  • kohr-ahkohr-ah Member Posts: 1,277
    N2IT wrote: »
    Hey that's still something to be excited about!

Oh trust me I am :D
    I have both our cars paid off and no credit card debt.

All I have is my student loans and my mortgage payment plus standard utilities and daycare (which is like buying a brand new suburban a year in cost)

I just want to be out of educational debt before I pursue further education.
    dave330i wrote: »
    There was a grant you could get from your congressman, Pell grant & part-time work as CAD jockey.

I used the Pell Grant for beer.
  • JockVSJockJockVSJock Member Posts: 1,118
    I never took out a student loan, EVER!!!

I so glad I didn't.
    ***Freedom of Speech, Just Watch What You Say*** Example, Beware of CompTIA Certs (Deleted From Google Cached)

"Its easier to deceive the masses then to convince the masses that they have been deceived."
    -unknown
  • NetworkNewbNetworkNewb Member Posts: 3,298 ■■■■■■■■■□
    I'm so glad I DID take out student loans!

Wouldn't have been able to go to college without them. icon_eek.gif
  • alias454alias454 Member Posts: 648 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Just made my first payment against my BS loans. Ten years at $549 a month. One car is paid off so is the house, however, I have one car payment and child support that comes to about $720 a month. Car is done in three years and child support is done in two.
    “I do not seek answers, but rather to understand the question.”
  • TheProfTheProf Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 331 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Only debt I have is my car... should be payed off in 3 years tops (maybe sooner as its an open loan). Next purchase, in three years, will be a house... that one will take a while to pay off ;)