IP Convergence

chasimachasima Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi everyone,

I'm studying for the CISSP and after going through the Shon Harris AIO 6th edition book, I decided to start studying the Official ISC2 Guide to the CISSP CBK, Fourth Edition. I also have Eric Conrad, the CBTNuggets videos, and have been going through CCCure quizzes.

So far, I've noticed a lot of differences between Shon Harris and the Official Guide.. Same material, but the official guide seems to have more details on certain things than Shon Harris.

In particular, I've come across a section on IP Convergence that isn't in Shon Harris at all. I understand the general topic, but I was wondering if anyone could offer any other resources that they know of that could explain it a little better. Specifically the way Fibre Channel Protocol works with SCSI and how InfiniBand works with SRP and iSER. Anything with pictures and diagrams that anyone knows of would be very helpful.

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• riyanriyan Member Posts: 161 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Are there are more differences apart from IP Convergence.
  • chasimachasima Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Yes. I wasn't originally planning on buying the official guide. But I after going through the CCCure quizzes and realizing that the answers to the questions I was getting wrong had topics that were not covered in Shon Harris and all had this book referenced, I figured I should probably start reading it.

I haven't read through the whole thing yet, but I'm starting with the chapters I've gone over in Shon Harris with a fine toothed comb already and highlighting stuff that I don't recognize from the other book. The general topics are the same, but there are details, expanded paragraphs on certain things, tools, etc. that are not mentioned or defined in Shon Harris. I don't know if this is the norm because I didn't read any previous editions, but I regret not reading the official guide first and just using Shon Harris for clarification.
  • chasimachasima Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Also, if anyone is curious, after lots of searching, I found this whitepaper from HP: http://h20565.www2.hp.com/hpsc/doc/public/display?docId=emr_na-c01681871

The section in the official guide is basically this whitepaper word for word. They copied and pasted it... but there are diagrams in this one which would have been helpful if improved upon.
  • renacidorenacido Member Posts: 387 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Main things I saw that looked new are cloud security, a bit more emphasis on pentesting, MDM, BC/DR planning. Strangely still discusses ancient artifacts like token-ring, FDDI, the DoD Rainbow Series (Orange Book), etc for who knows why.