Can I claim CPEs for reading ISO-IEC 27002 material?

TheFORCETheFORCE Member Posts: 2,297 ■■■■■■■■□□
So I got my hands on and reading the 90 something pages of the ISO-IEC 27002-2013 code of practice for IS management. Can I claim this reading towards any CPE requirements? If so which category and what should I do to document and keep track for my records? Any ideas or suggestions?

Comments

• dou2bledou2ble Member Posts: 160
    I'd also like to know. I once wrote ISC2 asking if a certain activity qualified for CPE credit and here is there response.
    We ask members to use their best professional judgment within the CPE Policies and Guidelines to select those activities which qualify for CPE credits and which will enhance their professional development. The CPE policies and Guidelines is a great reference tool to help you determine calculating CPE credits and what domains they would fall under.

The key point is that any activities you have participated in were above and beyond normal job responsibilities, which qualify for CPE credits and save any documentation in case randomly selected for audit.

As you can see they didn't give me a direct "yes" or "no" like I wanted. I have in the past submitted CPE hours for study material that led to a certification.
    2015 Goals: Masters in Cyber Security
  • MitechniqMitechniq Member Posts: 286 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I keep a spreadsheet that tracks my hours when it comes to reading Cyber Security Magazines, regulations, blogs, study material, etc... just in case they do an audit on me.. Once I have 8 hours of reading I add one hour to my ISC2 Type A CPE.
  • cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    Am I the only one who lives on the edge and doesn't keep track of this stuff? Not like it matters as I have many times over the required CPEs with verifiable training/conference attendance.
  • !nf0s3cure!nf0s3cure Member Posts: 161 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Well at least you claim to have read something, it should be good as long as you have some record of what you read. Keep ISBN or a web link or a pdf as a copy of proof just in case.
  • beadsbeads Member Posts: 1,531 ■■■■■■■■■□
    cyberguypr wrote: »
    Am I the only one who lives on the edge and doesn't keep track of this stuff? Not like it matters as I have many times over the required CPEs with verifiable training/conference attendance.

The audit is only 10% a qualifying year, right? Actually, I keep the "file" electronically in the form of emails in my personal account for speedy regurgitation back to the (ISC)2, just in case or when they get sick of me pointing out my disagreeable talking points. Like complaining about the IRS - its gonna lead to an audit.

Otherwise, no. No, I don't go to extremes but I do have some sort of basic documentation now.

- b/eads