Is the thirst REALLY this real out here???

RockinRobinRockinRobin Member Posts: 165
Applications Submitted for this Position
10+
Most Common Years of Experience
B
Bachelor's is the Most Common Degree

Apply to See the Competition Report

[h=2]JOB DESCRIPTION[/h]Systems Administrator
Position Purpose:
Install new software releases and system upgrades, evaluates and installs patches, and resolves softwr3ed related problems. Performs system backups and recovery. Maintains data files and monitors system configuration to ensure data integrity

Position Nature and Scope:
  • Provides expert Tier 2 and Tier 3 support evaluating and prioritizing issues arising within internal/external vendor systems as well as any internal systems managed by IT
  • Must have strong knowledge of Exchange, Active Directory, GPO, DNS, DHCP, and other Windows/network services
  • Knowledge of Virtualization administration/design/support, including (Hyper-V, VMware, Citrix, SANs)
  • Assist in the management & configuration of all servers, routers, switches, firewalls, FTP, VPN, and Edge devices
  • Safeguard the entire infrastructure and email systems against viruses, malware, and spyware & phishing attacks
  • Logs and tracks issues within Service Desk and maintain history and related documentation
  • Provides installation & integration of Servers (physical or virtual), VOIP systems, and associated peripheral devices
  • Will be responsible for ensuring Morning and/or Night processes are appropriately completed as necessary
  • Works with other functional IT areas to ensure that IT Best Practices, policies, and procedures are adhered to
  • Documents system and application changes accurately, and in a timely manner
  • Work within documented SLA’s regarding call backs, escalations and resolutions
  • Escalates severe issues by following the appropriate escalation process
  • Strong analytical skills for troubleshooting errors and quickly resolving systems issues
  • Responsible for proposing or implementing network system enhancements (software & hardware updates) that will improve server load balancing performance & throughput, and reliability of the infrastructure’s systems
  • Schedule flexibility (Schedule may shift to support nightly and morning processes)
  • Ability to multitask, and handle fast paced work environment

[h=2]JOB REQUIREMENTS[/h]Systems Administrator
Education:
  • Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in a computer related field preferred, (an Associate’s Degree may be considered)
  • IT certifications are preferred; (MCITP, MCSA, MCSE, CCNA, MOSS (SharePoint), VMware, Hyper-V)
Experience:
  • Minimum 5 years working in a corporate environment
Computer Skills:
  • Strong working knowledge of Win XP/7, Windows Server 2003,2008,and 2012, SQL Server 2005 - 2014, and Exchange 2007 & 2010
  • Working knowledge of backup solutions (DPM), Microsoft Office Products, and Anti-Virus Products
  • Ability to diagnose and resolve issues in hardware, applications, and operating systems over the phone and email
  • Familiarity of computer hardware and networks required
  • Familiarity with Apple products as well as Blackberry, Android, and other mobile platforms
Interpersonal / Communication Skills:
  • Excellent customer service and communication skills
  • Ability to work in a team environment as well as ability to work independently
  • Strong organization and prioritization skills
  • Must possess initiative and drive to succeed
  • Must be able to multitask in a fast paced, productivity based environment
Hours:
  • 11 - 8 pm

[h=2]JOB SNAPSHOT[/h]Base Pay$10.00 /Hour
Employment TypeFull-Time
Job TypeEngineering, Information Technology, Other
Education4 Year Degree
ExperienceAt least 5 year(s)
Manages OthersNo
IndustryInsurance
Required TravelNone

Comments

• ratbuddyratbuddy Member Posts: 665
    I think the $10 is just them sucking at posting on careerbuilder. The pdf listing on their site (siuins.com) doesn't mention salary, it's probably something more realistic.. like 30k salary :P
  • ChitownjediChitownjedi Member Posts: 578 ■■■■■□□□□□
    There's a sucker born every minute.... places like this always come home with a cooler full of Cod after going Fishing
  • N2ITN2IT Inactive Imported Users Posts: 7,483 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Chitownjedi hit it.

If you take this job I dislike you. You are directly responsible for lowering the wages of IT.
  • RockinRobinRockinRobin Member Posts: 165
    I hope this is just an anomaly, and doesn't reflect a trend.
  • olaHaloolaHalo Member Posts: 748 ■■■■□□□□□□
    The pay is a mistake most likely
  • anoeljranoeljr Member Posts: 278 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Hold on...that can't be right can it?
  • aspiringsoulaspiringsoul Member Posts: 314
    My first question during the interview would be.....

So....tell me about your turnover rates....
    Education: MS-Information Security and Assurance from Western Governors University, BS-Business Information Systems from Indiana Wesleyan University, AAS-Computer Network Systems - ITT Tech,
  • kurosaki00kurosaki00 Member Posts: 973
    Like others pointed out, I'm guessing thats a mistake.
    Thats way below lowballing.
    meh
  • SawedoffSawedoff Member Posts: 13 ■□□□□□□□□□
    That is the worst pay I've ever seen for IT.

I can't even....
  • eansdadeansdad Member Posts: 775 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I had a company offer me 23 for a security analyst position. I asked "an hour" they said "a year" I said "Good-Bye". Of course it was one of those Indian staffing companies that called.
  • CyberscumCyberscum Member Posts: 795 ■■■■■□□□□□
    They left out the 50k sign on bonus and 40k pay stipend every year.
  • N2ITN2IT Inactive Imported Users Posts: 7,483 ■■■■■■■■■■
    This isn't a typo I use to see these positions out there all the time. A sucker is born every minute and they know that.
  • AwesomeGarrettAwesomeGarrett Member Posts: 257
    They also know a bunch of kids just graduated and the top talent has already been scooped up.
  • JoJoCal19JoJoCal19 Mod Posts: 2,835 Mod
    My first office job out of high school, at the age of 19, in 2001, with zero office experience paid $10/hr. I seriously hope that is a typo. And I agree with N2IT, I hope no one would actually take that job at that salary if it isn't a mistake.
    Have: CISSP, CISM, CISA, CRISC, eJPT, GCIA, GSEC, CCSP, CCSK, AWS CSAA, AWS CCP, OCI Foundations Associate, ITIL-F, MS Cyber Security - USF, BSBA - UF, MSISA - WGU
    Currently Working On: Python, OSCP Prep
    Next Up:​ OSCP
    Studying:​ Code Academy (Python), Bash Scripting, Virtual Hacking Lab Coursework
  • --chris----chris-- Member Posts: 1,518 ■■■■■□□□□□
    My first question during the interview would be.....

So....tell me about your turnover rates....

If this isn't a typo, the answer will most likely be a lie. Been there...
  • markulousmarkulous Member Posts: 2,394 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Maybe there's a clause in there where you get free housing, free utilities, a company car with a gas card, and free groceries on top of the $10 an hour. Would be a nice advertising point though... :D
  • W StewartW Stewart Member Posts: 794 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Those 50 applicants with 10 years of experience probably have 10 years of experience doing help desk or tech support in a call center and liberal arts bachelors degrees. Of course the job posting itself is still ridiculous and they'll never be able to find and keep talent and that pay rate.
  • NetworkNewbNetworkNewb Member Posts: 3,298 ■■■■■■■■■□
    eansdad wrote: »
    I had a company offer me 23 for a security analyst position. I asked "an hour" they said "a year" I said "Good-Bye".

Pretty sure I would start laughing out loud at them if heard that. icon_cool.gif
  • TDSTDS Member Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
    JoJoCal19 wrote: »
    My first office job out of high school, at the age of 19, in 2001, with zero office experience paid $10/hr. I seriously hope that is a typo. And I agree with N2IT, I hope no one would actually take that job at that salary if it isn't a mistake.
    I made more per hour in high school working at a gas station and grocery school.
  • bpennbpenn Member Posts: 499
    TDS wrote: »
    I made more per hour in high school working at a gas station and grocery school.

Yup, I made $10/h as a shift leader at Quiznos when I was in college.
    "If your dreams dont scare you - they ain't big enough" - Life of Dillon
  • kurosaki00kurosaki00 Member Posts: 973
    My first IT job paid 5.15 p/hr
    Where I come from (pretty bad shape right now) pays around 7-10 for SD/NOC positions.
    But I've never seen an admin for 10 bucks.
    meh
  • nascar_paulnascar_paul Member Posts: 288 ■■■□□□□□□□
    kurosaki00 wrote: »
    My first IT job paid 5.15 p/hr
    Where I come from (pretty bad shape right now) pays around 7-10 for SD/NOC positions.
    But I've never seen an admin for 10 bucks.

That's depressing. I'm trying to get INTO a jr. admin or NOC position and my family would starve... Hoping that HOTLanta can come up with a better rate then those!
    2017 Goals: 70-411 [X], 74-409 [X], 70-533 [X], VCP5-DCV [], LX0-103 [], LX0-104 []
    "I PLAN to fail!" - No One Ever