Passed Network+!

FlyingPenguinFlyingPenguin Member Posts: 10 ■■■□□□□□□□
Just passed N10-005 today!:) 819/900

I must say I was very surprised by the depth of some of the simulation questions they seemed nowhere near entry level far from it.
After the exam I was talking to one of the instructors at the testing centre and he said that the Network+ exam has the highest fail rate out of all the exams they give out. I was surprised about the question depth and simulations.

Study materials used:
CompTIA Network+ N10-005 Exam Cram
CBT Nuggets

Anyway on to Security+ then CCENT/CCNA

I am looking to specialize in network security so I think am on the right certification path.

I also wanted to thank the techexams community this site has been a great source of certification information.
Thank you

Comments

• Eston21Eston21 Member Posts: 76 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • orlandoflorlandofl Member Posts: 216 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass!! icon_thumright.gif
    • Education: B.A. Criminal Justice - Thomas Edison State University
    • Education: Undergraduate Certificate in Microsoft Server Administration - St. Petersburg College
    • Currently Working On: MCSA - Windows 10
    • Planned Certifications for 2017: MCSE - Mobility
    • Connect With Me On LinkedIn:https://www.linkedin.com/in/travisebyrd
  • kineticfskineticfs Member Posts: 42 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats on passing!
    You still managed to hit a great score! :D
    Goals for 2018: AWS Developer Associate COLOR=#008000]Completed[/COLOR / Solutions Architect COLOR=#ff8c00]In Progress[/COLOR
  • Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats!!
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • H3||scr3amH3||scr3am Member Posts: 564 ■■■■□□□□□□
    congratulations on passing your Network+ best of luck on Sec+ and CCENT and onward!
  • shyguyITshyguyIT Member Posts: 380
    Congrats!
    2017 Goals:
    Route[X], Switch [], TSHOOT[]
  • Armitron77Armitron77 Member Posts: 134 ■■■□□□□□□□
    How long did it take you to study the Network+ before taking the exam?
    Bachelor of Science Degree in Computer & Network Security
    Associate in Applied Science Degree in Network Management
    Associate in Applied Science Degree in Network Management/Cyber Security
    CompTIA A+ Certified | CE, CompTIA Network+ Certified | CE

2016 Goals: CCENT/CCNA Routing & Switching COLOR=#008000][B]IN PROGRESS[/B][/COLOR/CompTIA Security+ COLOR=#008000][B]IN PROGRESS[/B][/COLOR
  • FlyingPenguinFlyingPenguin Member Posts: 10 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Armitron77 wrote: »
    How long did it take you to study the Network+ before taking the exam?

I would say about 2 months study time.
  • Goteki54Goteki54 Member Posts: 79 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Just passed N10-005 today!:) 819/900

I must say I was very surprised by the depth of some of the simulation questions they seemed nowhere near entry level far from it.
    After the exam I was talking to one of the instructors at the testing centre and he said that the Network+ exam has the highest fail rate out of all the exams they give out. I was surprised about the question depth and simulations.

Study materials used:
    CompTIA Network+ N10-005 Exam Cram
    CBT Nuggets

Anyway on to Security+ then CCENT/CCNA

I am looking to specialize in network security so I think am on the right certification path.

I also wanted to thank the techexams community this site has been a great source of certification information.
    Thank you

Congrats on passing!! I think several reasons why the Network+ has a high fail rate is due to several factors. One factor is that people taking it hear from others that the Net+ is an entry level cert thus how hard really can the exam actually be, then they get a hard reality check that it's not so easy. Second, I don't believe many who take the test actually have used simulators prior to taking the actual exam. They just relied on passing practice tests to gauge their knowledge. Which leads me to three, the practice tests are worded a lot more easier then the actual exam questions, and I think that throws people off when reading the questions during the exams.
    CompTIA A+, Network+, Security +., SSCP