Options

Does this seem worth applying for?

powdered toast manpowdered toast man Member Posts: 33 ■■□□□□□□□□
I am still trying to find my first IT Job and came across this one ad that doesn't ask for much experience really so I thought it would be worth a shot. I don't quite understand what the job duties are though.. Is this a help desk position? i'm just confused icon_confused.gif:

IT Service Desk Analyst Job Description:
Responsibilities:
  • Processing change requests, such as adding, modifying, and deleting users access to applications
  • Assist in maintaining/updating user reference/procedural information and communicate with other departments to determine correct procedures and/or policies.
  • Assist in guiding procedural improvements in relation to the IT Service Center processes.
  • Analyzing problems with systems or procedures and recommend changes if required
  • Drives compliance with policies, procedures and standards
  • Accurately and thoroughly documents appropriate detail in request tickets and tracking systems.
  • Communicates with business support team(s) to build and foster strong relationships
Additional Responsibilities:
  • Maintain user and employee sensitive information with confidentiality at all times
  • Foster environment of continual process and quality improvement - Be a Change Agent
  • Exhibits a sense of ownership in fulfilling requests and resolving incidents
  • Punctual, dependable, reliable
  • Ability to work independently and as part of team
  • Attention to detail, ability to multi-task, and prioritization skills
  • Strong and creative problem solving skills
  • Critical thinking ability
Required:
  • Excellent Customer Service Skills
  • Strong written and verbal skills are critical along with the ability to interact with other employees in a professional and tactful manner
  • Experienced and proficient in using PCs, Word, and Excel
  • Must be able to work in a team atmosphere and demonstrate the ability to be flexible with the hours of work
  • Must be able to clearly communicate in person and in written communication
  • Ability to interface with all levels of management

Comments

• Options
    techfiendtechfiend Member Posts: 1,481 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Sure, sounds like a decent first job.
    2018 AWS Solutions Architect - Associate (Apr) 2017 VCAP6-DCV Deploy (Oct) 2016 Storage+ (Jan)
    2015 Start WGU (Feb) Net+ (Feb) Sec+ (Mar) Project+ (Apr) Other WGU (Jun) CCENT (Jul) CCNA (Aug) CCNA Security (Aug) MCP 2012 (Sep) MCSA 2012 (Oct) Linux+ (Nov) Capstone/BS (Nov) VCP6-DCV (Dec) ITILF (Dec)
  • Options
    LeBrokeLeBroke Member Posts: 490 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Seems like a pretty good helpdesk job where you can actually drive change instead of just following a script. Definitely go for it.
  • Options
    TheFORCETheFORCE Member Posts: 2,297 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Yes this is a Helpdesk position. I am guessing this position is with a small company since there are elements in the job description that Helpdesk would not normally do. This is a good way for you to gain experience in different areas. Go for it.
  • Options
    markulousmarkulous Member Posts: 2,394 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I'd apply at it. You should be able to get an idea of how technical it is in the interview. If it has a good amount of technical troubleshooting, take it. Then reevaluate in 6 months.
  • Options
    aderonaderon Member Posts: 404 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Also another tip, I'd say apply to jobs regardless of whether you have the experience or not. Don't disqualify yourself, allow the employer to do it. Worst case scenario, they bring you in for an interview, you can't answer the questions, and you leave with some nice interview experience and a better grasp of what kind of skills employers are looking for.
    2019 Certification/Degree Goals: AWS CSA Renewal (In Progress), M.S. Cybersecurity (In Progress), CCNA R&S Renewal (Not Started)
  • Options
    N2ITN2IT Inactive Imported Users Posts: 7,483 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Not to sounds like an a$$ but it sounds more of an admin /CSR position than IT. But if you haven't had an IT job maybe you can take this position for a year or 2 and move up in the company or find a new gig.