HDI Desktop Support Technician

greg9891greg9891 Member Posts: 1,189 ■■■■■■■□□□
Just checking in I am wondering and am trying to find out about the value of this certification. as this is the type of entry level job that i am looking towards getting into. Any help would be great.icon_study.gificon_cool.gif
:
Upcoming Certs: VCA-DCV 7.0, VCP-DCV 7.0, Oracle Database 1Z0-071, PMP, Server +, CCNP

Proverbs 6:6-11Go to the ant, you sluggard! Consider her ways and be wise, Which, having no captain, Overseer or ruler, Provides her supplies in the summer, And gathers her food in the harvest. How long will you slumber, O sluggard?
When will you rise from your sleep? A little sleep, a little slumber, A little folding of the hands to sleep, So shall your poverty come on you like a prowler And your need like an armed man.

Comments

• ssnyderu2ssnyderu2 Member Posts: 475 ■■■□□□□□□□
    The Network+ you already have would get you farther than an HDI cert. I see no reason why you could not land a Help Desk job with your Network+.
    2019 Goals: 70-698, CCENT, MCSA 2016
    Certifications: A+, Network+, Security+, CIW Foundations and MTA OS Fundamentals
    Cisco Lab :3x Cisco 2811 Routers, 3x Cisco 3750 Switches and Cisco 2620 Router with NM-32A module
    Windows Lab: Dual CPU Hyper-V server with 12 Cores/24 Threads, 96GB RAM and 2TB HDD.
    CANCER SURVIVOR! In Remission Since September 2016!
  • 2230622306 Member Posts: 223 ■■□□□□□□□□
    if you are in the helpdesk side, it might help.
  • greg9891greg9891 Member Posts: 1,189 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Thanks for the advice. will stick the the network +. currently studying for my security +.
    :
    Upcoming Certs: VCA-DCV 7.0, VCP-DCV 7.0, Oracle Database 1Z0-071, PMP, Server +, CCNP

Proverbs 6:6-11Go to the ant, you sluggard! Consider her ways and be wise, Which, having no captain, Overseer or ruler, Provides her supplies in the summer, And gathers her food in the harvest. How long will you slumber, O sluggard?
    When will you rise from your sleep? A little sleep, a little slumber, A little folding of the hands to sleep, So shall your poverty come on you like a prowler And your need like an armed man.
  • Mike-MikeMike-Mike Member Posts: 1,860
    I have a HDI service desk cert, and it has done zero for my career. However it was my first ever cert, and it remains my avatar
    Currently Working On

CWTS, then WireShark
  • Params7Params7 Member Posts: 254
    A+/N+ combo would be undoubtedly better and will get you into helpdesk, followed up with CCNA or MCSA(RHCA/Linux+) depending on what specialization you'd like to do once you get started.