Transcender finally came out with the CISSP 2015 practice questions/flash cards.

joshmadakorjoshmadakor Member Posts: 495 ■■■■□□□□□□
Just thought I'd share. I've been waiting for this ever since April :)

https://www.transcender.com/practice-exam/isc2/cissp2015.kap
WGU B.S. Information Technology (Completed January 2013)

Comments

• Sheiko37Sheiko37 Member Posts: 214 ■■■□□□□□□□
    It's more than 5x the cost of CCCure, is it worth it?
  • joshmadakorjoshmadakor Member Posts: 495 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Sheiko37 wrote: »
    I don't know. I always use Transcender when I can. This time I'm using both versions from Transcender for CISSP as well as cccure. Transcender is more standardized and the explanations are much better than cccure but it's more expensive.

Edit: I do love cccure though, don't get me wrong
  • impelseimpelse Member Posts: 1,237 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I used both and I felt Transcender helped me more to emulate the real exam. they make you think.

CCCure helped you to drill the technical part.
    Stop RDP Brute Force Attack with our RDP Firewall : http://www.thehost1.com
    It is your personal IPS to stop the attack.

• ChuzpahChuzpah Member Posts: 68 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Just thought I'd share. I've been waiting for this ever since April :)

https://www.transcender.com/practice-exam/isc2/cissp2015.kap

I found the Transcender practice exams better than CCCure
  • danny069danny069 Member Posts: 1,025 ■■■■□□□□□□
    The cheapest option is $169.99 that's a lot of money for practice questions, I'd rather do the questions from the newest books instead. The concepts are still the same. Eric Conrad's book coming out in November should be good.
    I am a Jack of all trades, Master of None
  • !nf0s3cure!nf0s3cure Member Posts: 161 ■■□□□□□□□□
    What annoyed me was Transcender's update system. It never update the test material, but as soon as my subscription expired I got an email saying there was updated content available.
  • papadocpapadoc Member Posts: 154
    I used Transcender (pre-2015 exam change) and credit it heavily with helping me to pass, because of the explanations that points you directly to reference material to learn more about. YMMV.
  • !nf0s3cure!nf0s3cure Member Posts: 161 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Sheiko37 wrote: »

How is it 5x the cost of CCCure? I must be looking at something differenticon_scratch.gificon_scratch.gificon_scratch.gificon_scratch.gif
  • YahKhemYahKhem Registered Users Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
    How creditable are Transcender's? I have CCCure and have purchased ISC2 practice test. And I've taken the exam a few times so I know a good justification to kick out another $100 or so. How many questions are in their bank?
  • joshmadakorjoshmadakor Member Posts: 495 ■■■■□□□□□□
    YahKhem wrote: »
    How creditable are Transcender's? I have CCCure and have purchased ISC2 practice test. And I've taken the exam a few times so I know a good justification to kick out another $100 or so. How many questions are in their bank?

About 860(ish?) questions and about the same number of flash cards. They have explanations for all the correct/incorrect answers.
  • YahKhemYahKhem Registered Users Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
    This sounds pretty good. Do you have to buy directly from transceder? Or is their product on ebay?
  • bubble2005bubble2005 Member Posts: 210 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Transcender is top quality. It makes you think like the Psychometricians. However some of their questions will be very broad BUT with good explanations. I only use Transcender and the practice tests that comes with the books. DON'T use too many sources or else, you'll see some serious conflicts. Just my two cents.
    Think Big Stay Focus: In the midst of all situations, think positive.:thumbup:
  • Sam_aquaSam_aqua Member Posts: 72 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Anyone using the Transcender CISSP Exam Practice questions at the moment ? Do they include all variety of questions, like hot spot, drag drop , scenario based etc. Also, their website keeps showing same number of practice questions & Flash cards, not sure if they keep revising ?
  • g33k3rg33k3r Member Posts: 249 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I noticed they have a number of options. One with an installable application and one that is browser based. Is one better than the other?
  • gespensterngespenstern Member Posts: 1,243 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Sam_aqua wrote: »
    Anyone using the Transcender CISSP Exam Practice questions at the moment ? Do they include all variety of questions, like hot spot, drag drop , scenario based etc. Also, their website keeps showing same number of practice questions & Flash cards, not sure if they keep revising ?

I do. Drag'n'drop is there, what's hot spot? and no scenario based. Don't know what flash cards are, I use only practice questions.

And regarding some questions on prices, I used CCCure's freepracticetests.org for half a year in 2014 and they were so-so, but Transcender which I use now is no better and may be even worse, that's my opinion. Not worth the money.