WGU newbie - scared!!!

springb2bspringb2b Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
am just in the process of applying.
Any mommies here?
I am married with a 5 yr okd daughter and work full-time and commute about 1.5 hrs each way and I am scared to commit to something like this.
I already get stressed out with one class at a b&m and i'm worried that taking 3 classes(13 CU) will be unattainable for me. Help!!! How did you do it?

Comments

• cshkurucshkuru Member Posts: 246 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Not a mom so I can't speak to that part, but I think you are going to find WGU much easier that the B&M course for the simple reason that you can work on your own time. You don't have to show up to a classroom 2 or 3 nights a week.

The 3 classes don't have to be taken all at once the can be taken sequentially and some classes build off other classes. Example A+ covers a lot of material also covered in Network+ which covers a good portion of material covered in Security+ so you can go from one to the other in a stepping stone fashion.

Everyone probably has their own opinion on the best course sequence and I transfered in almost all the general ed course so I will let others kind of chime in on that.
  • it.nv_lait.nv_la Member Posts: 22 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I would have to say if you are going to commit make sure to stay focused it is doable though less stressful than the normal College format. That 12 credit requirement is obtainable especially if you do your research on which classes to take together that may not take much time. What is your background as for as school do you already have a degree or are you just starting without one?
  • markulousmarkulous Member Posts: 2,394 ■■■■■■■■□□
    When I first started WGU I was commuting over an hour each way to work and with two kids. My wife obviously helped a lot of course but I'm still doing all of it at the same time. I have a lot of time at work though
    Regardless you can definitely do it.
  • springb2bspringb2b Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thank you so much everyone. I have an A.S. degree in Professional Studies but most of my classes are IT. I hope to be able to transfer most classes.